Reports of Queues of people unable to vote?

Just said on BBC1 that voters were turned away from the polling station in Cleggs constituency - anyone heard owt about this?

I saw people queueing this evening outside the library up here in Walkley, Central constituency.

People were queueing at one of the polling stations in Oughtibridge, but not at the other.

BBC 1 just reported that in Nick Cleggs consituency in Sheff that people were still queuing at 10pm to vote. Poll closed and lots of people left unable to vote. xgrifterxs other half reported pensioners voting at 7.45am (complete with hair do's, coats on and handbags ready at half seven) and people queuing 12-15 deep in north sheff to vote at 8pm.

So SCC couldnt sort out my proxy vote and now can't sort out enough staff/papers/ stations to cope with a mass turnout. not like they knew a gen election was coming eh?? :loopy:

Was anyone here queuing at 10pm and couldnt vote?? Can we substantiate the bbebs reports?

xgx

mods - please merge this thread with the one before me - fastest typer wins!!

There was a huge queue at about 9.30 at Ecclesall Church Hall polling station, there was no way they would all get through before 10pm. When I voted there earlier the staff were very very slow and seemed rather confused.

What a joke this election has been, surely there will be a re-election?

Threads merged.

Old and young queuing alike at a polling station in Sheffield Heeley this morning. Early bird catches the worm.

This would have been 830am, and a short queue constantly replenishing itself.

Edited by chem1st

I queued for an hour at Heeley, and when I left at 9:30 pm there must have been at least 45 mins worth of people still waiting :-(

Came past Nick Clegg's house earlier and there are loads of people outside, what are they hoping to see?

Never queued! straight in and out me.

Its been reported now on sky news....