Reports of Queues of people unable to vote?

For those saying how great postal voting is, reports on the bbc that hundreds of postal votes for York have 'gone missing'... anyone would think this was some far-fetched tv comedy, not a general election in a democratic country!

Sunderland may have been the first to declare results tonight, but it looks like Sheffield was first to publicise it's voting cockups - makes you proud, eh... :hihi:

This election is turning out to be a real comedy moment. Personally I trust the Postal vote but after hearing this I begin to think this whole election process is one big farce.

And they wonder why people say 'Why bother voting!'

im 24 and this is the first time i have voted and to be honest im now thinking why bother?? hundreds of people all over the country unable to vote for whatever reason it is just one big farce!

Edited by KTHFB

mmmhmmm.....and how many of these are likely to be labor voters?.....bit odd

im 24 and this is the first time i have voted and to be honest im now thinking why bother?? hundreds of people all over the country unable to vote for whatever reason it is just one big farce!

This has been the biggest turn out in a LOT of years. It's not always like this. I've been doing this for 19 years now and have NEVER had a turn-out like today in all the years I've worked.

24? You've missed out on a lot of years' voting there? :)

Apologies for it looking like I edited your post too - I didn't, I clicked edit instead of quote.

Gordon Brown is "very concerned" about the reports of people being turned away from polling stations and "would support a thorough investigation into them", according to his spokesman.

So who does sorting out the polling stations fall too?

So who does sorting out the polling stations fall too?
as far as i know its the responsibility of the returning officer & local council

as far as i know its the responsibility of the returning officer & local council

Well it's country wide so blaming an individual officer is not quite right....seems hardly any of them adherered to guidelines they all apparantly know well....if they had a ballot their in, if not....sorry go home and try again next time.

This has been the biggest turn out in a LOT of years. It's not always like this. I've been doing this for 19 years now and have NEVER had a turn-out like today in all the years I've worked.

24? You've missed out on a lot of years' voting there? :)

Apologies for it looking like I edited your post too - I didn't, I clicked edit instead of quote.

Yes I have missed out on alot of years but to be honest I didn't understand anything about politics or to be more precise i probably wasn't to bothered i know that sounds really bad.

Since I have had my daughter my whole view has changed and women fought an argued for us to have our vote and i feel now that i've got to atleast try and make some sort of difference and be an example to my daughter.

I was going to ask what you edited in my post because i couldn't see any changes lol.

Another interesting Twitter post here from someone called "Raksky". I won't link to her entire post timeline over the last few hours since she has used some bad language.

According to her tweets, she was in the queue at St Johns church at 10pm. One of her tweets says:

"Everyone, all 150+ of us have been shepherded into the polling station, into all its rooms to try and ensure we get to vote."

This was posted BEFORE 10pm. If she's right and they were inside the polling station at 10pm, should they have been allowed to vote?

It's up to the returning officers to manage voting in their areas. The Electoral Commission say that only voters who have been issued with a ballot paper up to 10 o' clock should be able to vote - on Sky now.

The Electoral Commission are disturbed by the inconsistencies but what are they going to do about this scandal?

anyone else flicking between BBC1 and ITV? how can ITV have more confirmed results than the Beeb?

Another interesting Twitter post here from someone called "Raksky". I won't link to her entire post timeline over the last few hours since she has used some bad language.

According to her tweets, she was in the queue at St Johns church at 10pm. One of her tweets says:

"Everyone, all 150+ of us have been shepherded into the polling station, into all its rooms to try and ensure we get to vote."

This was posted BEFORE 10pm. If she's right and they were inside the polling station at 10pm, should they have been allowed to vote?

yes i think they should be allowed