Reports of Queues of people unable to vote?

I've been looking at the seats where most of the queues have happened according to BBC reports, most are fairly marginal seats. eg manchester withington, ealing central.

John Mothersole has apologised to Sheffield voters who have been excluded from voting as their votes couldn't be cast in time, due to delays (blamed on students turning up without voting cards!) and voters shut out at 10 o' clock. Apparently there has been talk of people turning up protesting at Nick Clegg's house and it was announced on Itv just now that Nick himself is due to apologise to Hallam voters.

I'd be livid and be calling for another election if I was turned away from voting.

don't see how its any one's fault than the moronic students who are so selfish that they never see the outcome of their own actions!! hundreds of people unable to vote because they're too bloody lazy to take their polling card and speed up the process of voting for everyone.

How does the polling card speed up the process? I took mine and they didn't even look at it. I gave my name and address they found it on the list and that was that, my polling card wouldn't have helped in the slightest.

It's not the students fault that the returning officers in Sheffield didn't have sufficient staff, booths or ballot boxes at numerous locations.

Get off your high horse 'goforit', it's not the voters fault that they couldn't vote, at every other election things have been fine.

In my situation, I voted at 7.30pm in Hallam constituency at the Bole Hill Pavillion polling station, no queues or sign of queues before or after we left.

Terrible planning it appears at many places. Why do people at Northfield Court, for example, have to vote at Walkley Library where people have been turned away, why not Bole Hill too? Disgrace.

Guest sibon
John Mothersole has apologised to Sheffield voters who have been excluded from voting as their votes couldn't be cast in time, due to delays (blamed on students turning up without voting cards!) and voters shut out at 10 o' clock. Apparently there has been talk of people turning up protesting at Nick Clegg's house and it was announced on Itv just now that Nick himself is due to apologise to Hallam voters.

The polling stations opened at 7am. Surely 15 hours is enough time for people to find time to vote. Nobody has been excluded from voting, some people simply didn't get there in time.

The polling stations opened at 7am. Surely 13 hours is enough time for people to find time to vote. Nobody has been excluded from voting, some people simply didn't get there in time.

But they did get there in time.

Rubbish! Don't blame the students, the polling card makes no difference whatsoever to the speed of processing voters.

It's not just Sheffield, the Beeb is reporting people being turned away from polling stations all over the country. They just weren't prepared for the increase in the turnout, imo.

I'd be livid and be calling for another election if I was turned away from voting.

How do they figure it's his fault? Nick had nothing to do with organising the counting of votes in the election he was standing in nor of course should he have had anything to do with it for obvious reasons.

How does taking your card speed up the process? They still have to look you up, cross you off and give you the ballot paper. I can't see that having the card makes any difference, unless you don't know your own address?

I wouldn't be surprised :hihi:

The polling stations opened at 7am. Surely 13 hours is enough time for people to find time to vote. Nobody has been excluded from voting, some people simply didn't get there in time.

What you mean nobody was excluded apart form all the people who were excluded?

I wonder how many legal challenges we'll see over the next few days?

Guest sibon
But they did get there in time.

They didn't get into the polling station in time. Who is so time limited that they can only arrive shortly before the poll closes?