Reports of Queues of people unable to vote?

I left for work at 07:00, and was due to finish at 20:30 - luckily I managed to pursued my boss to let me leave at 18:30. So it's not easy for everyone to get to the ballot stations.

POSTAL VOTE!

Why didn't you plan ahead?

what happened with your proxy / postal vote xgrifterx?

Me and the OH received our postal vote last week, wasnt aware there had been problems in other areas.

No queues in Heeley when I went before work at 7.15am.

Maybe we need to give everyone a public holiday to allow them time to vote, they do this in India.

I drove past Walkley library around 7ish and nearly crashed looking at the queue. Hundreds of people outside.

In my polling station, I waited 15 minutes. Only two people serving and three booths. In the past there used to be four people and five booths. I imagine these cut backs slowed things down.

Not just Sheffield though. This is very very worrying and anti-democratic.

I was stood in that queue with the lovely folk of Walkley, took me about 20 minutes to post my vote.

Well it looks like alot of people have missed out on their vote due to the queues.

legal challenege mentioned on bbc - they extended in south africa so why not here?

imagine the press in the next few days...the star will love this

Was only 5 people in front of me when i went to vote at dinner time, but i was on the phone to a friend she lives at the other end of town from me, she waited over for 45 mins before she got to vote, just over an hour to go before closing time. Says she did not go at dinner time has the queues was longer then her dinner break, went back after work and the queues was half way down the road and was just has long when she came out.

My vote didn't count - I was turned away St John's at Ranmoore polling station despite being just metres away from the polling official. Easily more than a hundred were turned away from voting.

You can't blame the voters "go4it". I've lined up for more than an hour, and been twice. The line was HUGE and was barely moving - I didn't have the luxury of waiting around, since my wife is quite ill. I came back just after 9pm, and heard that some people had waited more than two hours. Reportedly the line had been long nearly all day, with others in the queue telling me they'd been 4 times.

What a joke - I've never had to wait longer than 10 minutes in Australia. Why were so many other polling stations nearly empty (and turning people away from the busy polling stations) - surely they could have moved staff to deal with a busy polling station.

Secondly, why were so many registered in one polling station - particularly a large number of students from Endcliffe and Ranmoore Village. Obviously this has discouraged people from lining up, students who were likely to vote for the Lib Dems. Someone didn't want students voting.

we went to wadsley church at 6 pm and there were no qus, i asked the lady if she had been busy and she said they had only had 300 voters all day but her friend had had 1000 at another polling station.

are forumers assuming sheffielders are trying to vote for clegg?they could be trying to keep him out.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring,the first vote is in from sunderland south which is a labour stronghold and its LABOUR

No queues in Heeley when I went before work at 7.15am.

Maybe we need to give everyone a public holiday to allow them time to vote, they do this in India.

That may be fine, but has Fantasy Island got a polling station?

My vote didn't count You can't blame the voters "go4it". I've lined up for more than an hour, and been twice. The line was HUGE and was barely moving - I didn't have the luxury of waiting around.

Why didn't you sign up to post your vote?

despite me having a receipt for delivery of my proxy vote form to scc before the deadline, the elections office failed to process my form in time, only found out when OH contacted them to ask if we should have received a confirmation, more papers etc. scc refused to grant me special circumstances as i wasnt on my death bed in hospital but working away. so no vote for me due to their total incompetance