Reports of Queues of people unable to vote?

Not just Sheffield, BBC just said Leeds & Manchester too. Isn't 15 hours a big enough time window to get to the polling station?

father in law texted me stating he had to state his name and address 3 times at ecclesfield before he was given the papers. woman i nfront of him came back and kept asking which paper was which (local v national) causing all kinds of queuing issues.

goes to show that when this country does gerrup off its backside and turn up our local council can't cope. quelle surprise!

Not just Sheffield, BBC just said Leeds & Manchester too. Isn't 15 hours a big enough time window to get to the polling station?

Well they used newfield libary round here which is tiny, i find that very strange.

We voted in Heeley at 1pm - only 2 other people there.

I can't believe some people - 15 hours to vote. They even had the opportunity to post their vote. They leave it to the last minute.

It ain't Tesco - they don't open up another checkout when a queue is busy!

We voted in Heeley at 1pm - only 2 other people there.

Probably because they were at work.

when you are working , your partner working away (me!), getting kids up , to and from nursery, school, after school stuff, getting them sorted, sorting out your in laws and trying to squeeze in something to eat etc .. going to vote 8pm-10pm is some peoples only choice. imagine what it'd been like before the hours were extended if this many has voted back then

after my experience i wouldn't trust the postal vote or proxy system ever again so turning up and queuing seems the only way.

I can't believe some people - 15 hours to vote. They even had the opportunity to post their vote. They leave it to the last minute.

It ain't Tesco - they don't open up another checkout when a queue is busy!

When you consider people have to go to work the average time to finish is 5 - 6pm with the size of the place you have to vote in im not surprised things have gone pear shaped.

Yep..just been on Sky news..unable to vote..they complained the Polling Stations closed at 10:00pm!

I drove past Walkley library around 7ish and nearly crashed looking at the queue. Hundreds of people outside.

In my polling station, I waited 15 minutes. Only two people serving and three booths. In the past there used to be four people and five booths. I imagine these cut backs slowed things down.

Not just Sheffield though. This is very very worrying and anti-democratic.

No problems in Sheffield South-East, in and out within 5 minutes.Election staff seemed to know what to do in my local library. I did notice though,that they seemed more people than last time turning up to vote.

I left for work at 07:00, and was due to finish at 20:30 - luckily I managed to pursued my boss to let me leave at 18:30. So it's not easy for everyone to get to the ballot stations.