Four Lions - offensive or funny?

i found the trailer really funny and I'm going to go see it this morning. I'll report back when I've seen it though.

Also isn't it set in Sheffield? on the trailer you see the Halfway tram.

Indeed it is.

The most annoying thing to terrorists must be laughing at them, its a great idea

The most annoying thing to terrorists must be laughing at them, its a great idea

Ditto llamatron - the film looks hilarious!

Going to see it next week. The trailor looks great.

I seen part of it being filmed outside of SAWA when I was waiting for a bus. They were being chased by police in their fancy dress costumes. I didn't realise what it was at the time. It looked odd though, as I still don't know where it was being filmed from, I didn't see one camera.

I blamed it on stewed ant hijinks at the time.

I hadnt heard of it till BBC news kept advertising it. Watched the trailer last night and will go and watch :D

Watched The Daily Show last night, and Jon Stewart was laughing at the bungling incompetent efforts of Faisal Shahzad.

A few days before his terrorist attempt, he parked his getaway car, which he owned, nearby.

Trouble is, as he parked the car packed with explosives that wouldn't explode, he accidentally locked the keys to his car inside and was forced to travel home by public transport. He had to return the next day to retrieve his car.

Of course as the police searched the bomb car, which he had carefully bought with cash to avoid identity, they found the keys to his car. :hihi:

Jon Stewart said, "Shahzad is not just a terrorist but a moron. What will we do when attacked by someone who isn't one of the 'Home Alone' burglars?"

The thing is, these guys might be out to kill us, but most of them give us so much comedy material it's impossible not to laugh at them.

Just wondering what the feeling is on SF about this film?

It looks funny from the trailers, but a lot of the 7/7 victims and their families have come out today to condemn the subject matter of the film and the fact it's meant to be a comedy.

Is it a fair topic to satire, or should it be a topic left only in the realm of seriousness? Should jihadists be open to ridicule as the director has argued?

Mods - please leave in General Discussions. Ta.

very funny film.....cannot wait to get my hands on the dvd....watch out for exploding crows....

I enjoyed it and had a fair few laughs, but it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. Cracking dialogue in parts but some of the set pieces (like the one at the public meeting where the lad stands up does his speech and reveals the party popper bomb vest ) were just too absurdly unbelievable.

Loved the crow bit, some good performances ( I liked Faisal, poor fool. ) and it was fun identifying all the locations.

I enjoyed it and had a fair few laughs, but it wasn't quite as good as I'd hoped. Cracking dialogue in parts but some of the set pieces (like the one at the public meeting where the lad stands up does his speech and reveals the party popper bomb vest ) were just too absurdly unbelievable.

Loved the crow bit, some good performances ( I liked Faisal, poor fool. ) and it was fun identifying all the locations.

taking out the training camp was good...but the prayer bear had us in stitches....very good reaction from the audience....top film

Mark Kermode liked it, made it his film of the week. He said it wasn't as funny as advertised, in fact doubted it was really a comedy at all, but didn't think it mattered ... just a good film.

His review is towards the end of his programme with Simon Mayo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00s91cr/b00s91cc/Kermode_and_Mayos_Film_Review_Russell_Crowe_and_Robin_Hood/

I want to go see this....Billy no mates :(

just got back from seeing it very funny thort the actors were very good,but dint see you eastbank:)