Clothes for dogs!!

Hi everyone,

I know it may seem daft but I am looking for website or maybe a store with clothing for dogs. I've got a chihuahua cross jack russell and just love to dress him up. I've found many websites but the prices are way to high - I mean I could have a nice top for myself for £18. I tried pets at home but I only found a nice t-shirt and a jumper that was on sale, nothing else apart from rain coats and old fashioned 'blankets' you put on your dog.

Please let me know if you know any website or store or perhaps you have something for sale which your dog no longer uses.

Thanks

Natalia

Does your dog like to wear clothes do you think or is the thought of dressing him up for your benefit because Paris Hilton does it and its looks cute and not his? Please god dont buy him a hat and shoes.:suspect:

You obviously know its daft by the first line of your post.

Hi don't know if this will be any help but home bargains & b&m (meadowhall retail park) were both selling dogs clothes/dressing up outfits cause i bought some for my daughter teddy dog lol.

Does your dog like to wear clothes do you think or is the thought of dressing him up for your benefit because Paris Hilton does it and its looks cute and not his? Please god dont buy him a hat and shoes.:suspect:

You obviously know its daft by the first line of your post.

No, it's not to benefit me, my dog feels comfortable in them and he's got really short hair so he feels warm in clothes and I only put them on him when we go out. Honestly this forum is meant to be giving advice not telling people what's wrong or right is it?

my staffy has doggy tshirts on all the time . the only time she doesnt were them is bed time lol .then when she gets up she sits and waits for you to put her one on .and she wouldnt go outside with out one lol

No, it's not to benefit me, my dog feels comfortable in them and he's got really short hair so he feels warm in clothes and I only put them on him when we go out. Honestly this forum is meant to be giving advice not telling people what's wrong or right is it?

my staffy is the same lol she is really nesh lol

I sell some doggy clothes. All very small sizes - whereabouts are you? If you're on one of my rounds I can pop over to show you. Have all sorts in stock but not got it on the website yet!

As for the rights and wrongs... personally, not my thing but none of my dogs care. Takara actually used to wear a t-shirt for class as a form of compression therapy to make her feel more secure!

Some dogs really do hate it and I do not like some of the things you can get to dress them up in but if your dog doesn't mind I really don't see the harm. I would just feel a bit silly walking my dog in clothes! (The dog I mean, obviously I wear clothes when walking them...)

Takara has dressed up for fundraising events and as I say, to make her feel more comfortable. She's always been absolutely fine with it but some dogs aren't. I have had to ask one of my students to take their dog's leather jacket off as we were in a very warm hall and he was getting very stressed but I don't personally see the harm with a t-shirt when the dog doesn't care!

Edit: Just please take note of the weather when putting them on him... if it is warm please don't put them on him, simply walking or running around will warm him up enough and a t-shirt will just be too much. I always make a point of advising on their use before selling them!

Edited by Lotti

Hi everyone,

I know it may seem daft but I am looking for website or maybe a store with clothing for dogs. I've got a chihuahua cross jack russell and just love to dress him up. I've found many websites but the prices are way to high - I mean I could have a nice top for myself for £18. I tried pets at home but I only found a nice t-shirt and a jumper that was on sale, nothing else apart from rain coats and old fashioned 'blankets' you put on your dog.

Please let me know if you know any website or store or perhaps you have something for sale which your dog no longer uses.

Thanks

Natalia

when my 14 month old doberman was a pup i bought a little dress for her from asda cost about 3 quid..they had little doggy coats in that were cheap as well.might be worth looking on the animal section to see what u can find. my hubby thought i was potty dressing the dog up..shes massive now no doggy stuff wud fit her.i must say i love this dressing your dog up.:hihi:

Got to say that we have a spaniel at mums who loves being dressed up. It was done initially after an op to cover the area and stop her bothering it, she sits to be dressed and poses when she is dressed up. We have been out and seen other dogs in clothes and she tries to pull them off them. She loves it. She is an attention seeking dog and knows that the clothes get her attention. :loopy::loopy: We have had to put a stop to it as she is becoming possessive of "her" clothes. to the point where she actually ripped up an illuminous dog vest because one of the others was wearing it then brought the pieces to be dressed herself in it. No harm in it tho providing you dont get a nutty spaniel who thinks its its right be be dressed!

The only 'harm' it can do is that dogs coats grow to suit their environment, so if for instance your dog lives outside, you'll find it has a thicker coat than its littermate who lives infront of a gas fire. Keeping your dog warm artificially can thin their natural coat

Brude has worn a dog t-shirt... to cover a large shaved patch after an op. He's also worn it to stop him spreading loose hairs during his bi-annual moult

Bi-annual moult... *sigh* wish we had a bi-annual moult... :lol:

Lotti's getting a hairless breed next time :hihi: