Why Have My Camellia Flowers Turned Brown?

Hi Chez2. Sorry for being a bit ignorant. I did read the message but was really busy at the time and i totally forgot to get back to you. Will PM you later this evening.

Could be too much sunlight, don't have Camelia east facing.

I keep camelias in shady area on the side return which doesn't get direct sunlight until later in the year, then that's evening. even so on v hot days some leaves got scorched.

Could be too much sunlight, don't have Camelia east facing.

I keep camelias in shady area on the side return which doesn't get direct sunlight until later in the year, then that's evening. even so on v hot days some leaves got scorched.

Thats not totally true. Just don't have them east facing if the can get direct morning sun. My garden is a large open garden with nothing else in front of the Camelias for at least 80 foot. I have a winter and summer flowering Camelia in an exposed windy garden in open countryside and mine are fine. They face almost due south but are protected from direct morning sun until the frost has gone.