2010 General Election megathread

Fair dos.

The thing about this thread is that it has taken on a sort of running commentary, according to what is happening on our tv screens.

Yes I guessed that is what is happening :)

1 million more votes for the Tories over Labour.

Tories - 4,508,385

Labour - 3,546,294

The libs have won redcar.. swing of over 15%

I really should go to bed....!

Fair dos.

The thing about this thread is that it has taken on a sort of running commentary, according to what is happening on our tv screens.

I think I'll stop posting results, untill all of Sheffield's are together. (At least the votes that were allowed to be cast)

Not at all, you should vote for the party who's policies you agree with the most, it doesn't matter if they have a chance of winning. It's not like the Grand National where you have to try to back the winner.

Spot on. For the first time I had a chance to vote for a marginal party, and did so, even though I knew the member never had a chance. I didn't realise until late on that I could.

I would have voted 'slightly' positively otherwise, but there was a candidate for my area of my political preference.

The libs have won redcar.. swing of over 15%

I really should go to bed....!

Will be a protest vote against Lab for steelworks closure + previous Lab MP brown bread.

Not at all, you should vote for the party who's policies you agree with the most, it doesn't matter if they have a chance of winning. It's not like the Grand National where you have to try to back the winner.

Agreed. I just expected them to do better than they have? Nick, did well in the debates, had the media backing so to speak & the conclusion was he was he had gained new support. I am just baffled by the lack of votes they have had so far.

Interesting - The Tories are now 27 seats ahead of Labour, and the Lib-Dems now have 23 seats.

Edited by JFKvsNixon
late night.

Agreed. I just expected them to do better than they have? Nick, did well in the debates, had the media backing so to speak & the conclusion was he was he had gained new support. I am just baffled by the lack of votes they have had so far.

They have got a lot of votes Just over 3 million, Labour currently has 3.7 million votes and the conservatives have 4.8 million. They just haven't managed to win parliamentary seats.

Jack Straw hold in Labour.

I hope I don't get slated for saying this but anyone else think he is quite hot?

Interesting - The Tories are now 27 seats ahead of Labour, and the Lib-Dems now have 23 votes.

Even the guy who stood against Gordon Brown with the funky glasses and fist raised got 57 votes :hihi: