Tinsley Wire FC 1979

page0001.jpg

Tricky tashes and big hair......if Life on Mars had a football team it would look like this.......

S.W.S 2 team photo from May 1979

back row l-r; T Bates, Brian Bough, John Newbolt, Stan Mellors, Ray Dutton, A Lem, J Heaton.

front row i-r: G Elson, Dave Gibson, Dave Richardson, Antony Cartwright, John Taylor

If you know any of these let them know.

Edited by donkeyburns

Hiya,

I know all the players (I am one of them) 2nd from left back row.

Best Regards

Brian Bough

did any of the harpham brothers go onto play for twil fc, i seem to recall watching them play on that ground several times in the early 80s, i think it was stuart & ronnie

I know and have got drunk with most of them lol. great haircut there on raymond the cat dutton. hiya to Brian Bough, its russ goddard here. Have not seen many of these for a few year now, but i was working with terry bates a couple of years ago at concord sports club. Jeff heaton passed away a few years ago.

Hello Brian, I remember you well. Not seen any of these since I left in 79. Sorry to hear about Jeff, he was a good bloke.

John T

Yes the harpen brothers did play on a tinsley wire ground but didn't play for tinsley wire but did play for a local team. Hi Russ nice to hear from you not seen you for years think its your turn for the beer. And a big hello to John Taylor hope you are well :)

Edited by BrianBough

Guest makapaka

I was happily dragged down to watch the wire most saturdays with my dad in the early 90's.

They had a great team then - Sonny Buttery was my mates dad and was a great player, had the privelege of playing in the same team as him when I was a bit older.

Anyone remember anything about Tinsley Wire around that time?

I'm very well mate, hope you are. Do you still see any of the others or know what happened to them?

I'm Still in touch with Tony Cartwright and could pass on a message if anyone wanted me too

As to Tinsley Wire I left last year after 33yrs its a proper hell hole now. Tony left around February

Graham Elson Finished about 2 yrs ago

Have they still got their tricky tashes? and if I remember right Tony worked with his father in law called Alan but can't remember his last name.

What happened to Ray Dutton and Stan Mellors, any ideas?

Have they still got their tricky tashes? and if I remember right Tony worked with his father in law called Alan but can't remember his last name.

What happened to Ray Dutton and Stan Mellors, any ideas?

:hihi:There is a Stan Mellor at Handsworth did he go fishing :hihi: