Pervy men in vans shouting at teenagers

What was the nature of their comments that made them perverts ?

In a perfect world should all men have a points score on our shirts ? , looks cash ,prospects etc . Then you Females can have a boost to your egos if you get a good score ? honestly enjoy the attention.

It really annoys me when I'm with a good looking partner. You just dont notice the amount of men that leer until your with someone half good looking. I suspect the eye pleasing women grow up so tolerant of it is because it happens to them from such a young age.

The best way to accept it is to see it as some idiots strange compliment.

- It's only mingers who do this kind of thing.

- It's not "friendly banter". Because if you talk back to them, then they start getting all insulting and coming up with garbage along the lines of "don't flatter youself" or "you wanted it anyway, what are you doing walking along your own road in your own city if not to attract freaks like me".

(unfortunately for them I'm not twelve any more, so find pathetic old men trying to lower my self esteem more amusing than convincing).

- It's not about giving a compliment or asking a girl out. Telling someone you find them attractive or a wolf whistle is fine. Being kerb crawled by some chavs in a car in the early hours of Xmas morning shouting in graphic detail how they would like me perform oral sex on them is not.

Sadly, this level of dialogue is all too common. And I look quite "boyish" as well (short hair, minimal make-up, specs). I can imagine it's a lot worse for someone with a more feminine appearance.

It's about making certain women feel uncomfortable being in a public place. It's NOTHING to do with dress or anything like that. What are people suggesting, we should all wear bloody burkhas or something? :rolleyes:

Some men seem to be unable to accept the fact that most young women dress in an attractive manner to attract young men rather than old ugly men like themselves :roll: Bloody creeps.

(If I saw a handsome man in his teens, and there are some, I wouldn't think "he's doing it to attract an old bird like me", I'd assume he was doing it to attract girls his age and "level". I'm not sure quite why some men seem to have a problem with making this distinction?).

I think these kind of men haven't accepted the fact that the closest they are likely to get to an attractive young woman is an extended toilet break with a hanky and a copy of the Sun. They're angry because obviously they deserve to be regularly shagging birds like out of Nuts magazine, innit? So they take out their rage on the kind of girls they can't get. Pathetic.

I've tried a few things to do back, and my favourite is the "taking a picture" thing. Either on my phone, or sometime I have a camera which is even better. Wouldn't do this if you think it puts you at risk, but it puts the wind up these jerks and that's rather nice :)

To the OP's daughter:

Don't feel you have to justify yourself or your clothing choices to ANYONE. These men were clearly in the wrong, and if anyone decides to imply otherwise that says more about them or our society than about you.

That pretty much sums it up for me. There are still a lot of misogynists about who appear to get off on controlling or belittling women.

And there are men on here blaming my daughter for being commented upon. Should I insist she wears a burka?

I always shout back or do a V sign, haha.

Well done, that really gives you the moral high ground. Classy even.

Well done, that really gives you the moral high ground. Classy even.

Best not to react then? One can't exactly debate with these low lifes. What course of action would you suggest?

Where are these men ? Where is this van ? I must find them quickly .:suspect:

pattricia, I heart you. :D

I think the reason men do this to young girls is that they're more easily intimidated and less likely than an older woman to tell them off or roll their eyes in disgust.

I remember when I was growing up and this started happening, I found it embarrassing and confusing. I was on my way somewhere one day when a young man stopped his car to let me cross the street, then yelled at me to come sit on his face. I swear I had no idea what he was talking about and all I could think was, 'why would he want me to do that? Ewwwww!" I was tall and looked older than I was, but I don't see what difference that makes.

As a parent I know this is infuriating. Maybe talk with your daughter and tell her some men act like this and since she can't do anything about it, best to walk fast and ignore them.

Edited by Sierra

Do women showing a bit of leg and cleavage deserve to have filth shouted at them or get raped?

Raped? Where did that come from?

Raped? Where did that come from?

It's in reference to ladies who are forced into non-consensual sex with complete strangers by partners/pimps for financial gain.

Non-consensual sex means rape to me. Street girls aren't there for the fun of it.

Women should be able to wear whatever they want. I felt like I could not wear my usual summer work wardrobe of a calf-length skirt and t-shirt/blouse without feeling uncomfortable.

Quite right . if women wish to wear mini skirts and low cut tops , thats fine by me .

:heyhey::heyhey::heyhey:

Dirty old men in finding young girls attractive shocker.

This has always happened. Substitute van for horse and trap if you will. It's nothing new.

I find it a disgrace that I can't walk around in my mankini without being stared at and lewd comments come my way.