Who can remember Green Shield stamps

My Dad used to get Green Sheild stamps with petrol. There used to be a Green Shield stamp shop in town - I think it was on a small street between the Moor and Charter Row where you could redeem your stamp books for goods. I'm sure my parents got 2 lovely orange canvas sunloungers from that shop which traveled on every family holiday to Cornwall for many years and have only recently been dumped!

Yes i remember the shop at the back of the moor....Cant remember who doled out the stamps though.Im more remembering the co-op stamps that used to be single units and you got reems of them...Then they made a stamp with 5 on it to represent 5 single stamps then we had a 40 so our tongues were saved somewhat...

I used to look through the catalogue. You could get a car with 4,000 books.
Well, if anyone has 3,999 books - this is what you need..:P

My dad got them with petrol and gave them to me. I got all sorts with them.

Does anyone remember S and H stamps? Think they were pink and S and H stood for Sherry and Hutchinson but probably wrong there.

I still have a shopping bag bought with Silk Cut coupons in the 70's.

My Dad used to get Green Sheild stamps with petrol. There used to be a Green Shield stamp shop in town - I think it was on a small street between the Moor and Charter Row where you could redeem your stamp books for goods. I'm sure my parents got 2 lovely orange canvas sunloungers from that shop which traveled on every family holiday to Cornwall for many years and have only recently been dumped!

In the late 60's my mum used to work in a petrol station that gave out green shield stamps. The cashiers were allowed to keep stamps that customers didn't want. The staff divided them out amongst themselves every week. Unfortunately apart from a set of 6 glasses and a jug I cannot remember what mum got with her stamps.

You used to get the little stamps to fill a page (lots of licking) then after a while you could get a great big one to stick in the middle of the page.

Yes I remember them -when I met my boyfriend I was 17 and his mum gave me lots of books full of them - there was this crappy catalogue that you ordered things from - you could put some money towards the item as well - thought it was brill at the time, thinking about it makes me cringe!

You used to get the little stamps to fill a page (lots of licking) then after a while you could get a great big one to stick in the middle of the page.
That's right - there were 40 stamps to a page, and the Co-Op also had '5' stamps - see here.

Well, if anyone has 3,999 books - this is what you need..:P

The same guy is selling empty peanut bags and empty Cadbury's chocolate button bags!!!! Who buys these things???!!!!! :hihi: :hihi:

Does the cockle/whelk man still come round pubs selling sea food from those little baskets they used to carry?? I havent seen them in years !!

Did he give out Green Shield stamps???????????????

I was told a story once about the reintroduction of Green Shield Stamps - prob in the 80's. A man who had a huge lorry load of them never made his delivery on the grand reintroduction day, as he'd got too drunk the night before and couldn't drive. Needless to say he was sacked.

The cocklewhelks man might have given out stamps... I dont remember, I only remember being tasked with sticking em in the books my mom used to get.