Sheffield Pride 2010

mmm i can understand what you say, i have loads gay mates (enjoy dempsys etc with em) and most of my gay mates, male or female, fit in, accept me, i accept them, but i do know one gay person, in my words a screaming fairy (also from my gay friends words..) but im just a normal person, yet goto corp, and rock bars, but i hate metal music, goth music etc etc, what ever my friends like i dont care, they are fine i like neil diamond, gene pitney, elvis etc etc....the other week i was drunk, and i said to them, thankyou for being my mate, i dont head bang, i dont wear black n make up etc and im in your club, but they said, your fine, we take everyone at face value.....

also got a loaf of gay mates in germany (big leather trousers, mustaches etc but their german lol) hehe. and im with them, and they were fine with me....

thanks for the honest reply, like i said, i just wanted a straight answer, gay pride n that but guess some people will always be offensive (although i was military 20 years ago, where it was totally differant to today)

Unfortunately, we still live in a world where a lass can be beaten to death because people didn't like the way she dressed.

Not everyone understands the concept of tolerance - in their sad, small-minded world, anybody who isn't like them is fair game. Whether it's because they dress differently, support a different football team, follow a different religion, like another kind of music, whatever.

I went to Pride for the first time and it was a hoot - I really had a good time and enjoyed myself. Yesterday, I went to Firth Park Festival - a totally different event, but equally enjoyable. The atmosphere was great at both of them - people out to enjoy themselves, nobody wanting to cause trouble, everybody getting along.

I wish life could always be like that.

It was interesting spending a few hours in the park; some of the stereotypes fit well, though I appreciate not always. There's a lot of body dysmorphia going on; plenty of too fat or too thin, a lot of ink and so on. I also picked up on a lot of unhappiness, especially amongst the younger age group.

All my mates are married, so I'd be worried if they were gay . . . but who knows?

It's interesting how gay people have to somehow 'accessories' their homosexuality.

Hee hee that made me chuckle, same reason that girls glam up, men butch up, blacks black up, chavs chav up etc. Cos they wanna.

Also had a fab day on Saturday.

Hee hee that made me chuckle, same reason that girls glam up, men butch up, blacks black up, chavs chav up etc. Cos they wanna.

I'll have you know, I'm completely au naturel! :hihi:

I thought that the days of you (or should that be 'us'?) darkies wandering around naked were over?!:hihi:

I went for a while with a couple of gay friends. I thought it was a decent event. Some right sights! Who was the bloke that was singing that 'Bring Your Own Booze' song? Made me laugh.

I thought that the days of you (or should that be 'us'?) darkies wandering around naked were over?!:hihi:

:surprised *perks* :heyhey:

did somebody call? :thumbsup::mrgreen:

It was interesting spending a few hours in the park; some of the stereotypes fit well, though I appreciate not always. There's a lot of body dysmorphia going on; plenty of too fat or too thin, a lot of ink and so on. I also picked up on a lot of unhappiness, especially amongst the younger age group.

All my mates are married, so I'd be worried if they were gay . . . but who knows?

It's interesting how gay people have to somehow 'accessories' their homosexuality.

:hihi: That's just reminded me of a quote from Steel Magnolias - the part of Claire played by Olympia Dukakis "The only thing that separates us from the animals is our ability to accessorise.

People dress how they feel comfortable - it's just a statement of who they are, the same as music influences the way people dress.

I had a fantastic day, it was more chilled I feel than last year and much better set up with the stalls too.

I think the organisers should award themselves a pat on the back for all their hard work.

Unfortunately, we still live in a world where a lass can be beaten to death because people didn't like the way she dressed.

Not everyone understands the concept of tolerance - in their sad, small-minded world, anybody who isn't like them is fair game. Whether it's because they dress differently, support a different football team, follow a different religion, like another kind of music, whatever.

I went to Pride for the first time and it was a hoot - I really had a good time and enjoyed myself. Yesterday, I went to Firth Park Festival - a totally different event, but equally enjoyable. The atmosphere was great at both of them - people out to enjoy themselves, nobody wanting to cause trouble, everybody getting along.

I wish life could always be like that.

i know you mean, well i dont, but i have lots of friends who dress wierd who did know her.....

oh well thanks for everyones replies, going to listen to my neil diamond cd while pumping iron hehe

cool

some people are yet to still come out to friends and family , and we still have people that are homophobic.

This year was great as there was a mixture of tents and people from straight to bi sexual to gay which helped a lot of people to understand. And its the only place i feel people can be themselves without being judged and as a nation why not celebrate .

I had a grand time there with all my mates .

Well done guys top event

Dusky

in answer to the 'why do gay people have to celebrate their sexuality' question, i don't think sheffield pride is just for gay/bi people. i went along to celebrate that i am a straight guy that has no problem partying with gay folk. which i thought was the point. well, that and get wasted in the sunshine :)

anyway, it was a great day, missed it last year cos it was the same day as heeley festival.

Another fantastic Pride event at the weekend - it seemed to have grown in size slightly from last year?

Now, roll on Sharrow Festival this weekend - my fave! Pray for sun! :D

..only in the comfort of me own home, Suffy :hihi: