Sheffield Pride 2010

what is untermensch?

untermensch is a expression which means (literal translation) "lower being" ..."lower form of life", subhuman, IE, unworthy, substandard, or somehow less valid.

Yes well done to the organisers, we had a fab day, weather was brill and the layout was tons better than last year.

The t`other tent was excellent, we moved down to that area after the main stage had some dreadful acts on, I guess they were not to our liking.

Looking forward to next year already.

cooljules - you make a good point ! as the Pride brochure says, we are quite lucky in the UK, but instances of prejudice still exist and its also an opportunity to celebrate those who fought for the equal rights which now exist, and remember that many people in other countries are not so lucky.

Who knows, in the future Pride events will have no point when acceptance is universal. But even in Sheffield, Gay people are verbally and physically abused by drunken yobs in town on most weekends.

mmm i can understand what you say, i have loads gay mates (enjoy dempsys etc with em) and most of my gay mates, male or female, fit in, accept me, i accept them, but i do know one gay person, in my words a screaming fairy (also from my gay friends words..) but im just a normal person, yet goto corp, and rock bars, but i hate metal music, goth music etc etc, what ever my friends like i dont care, they are fine i like neil diamond, gene pitney, elvis etc etc....the other week i was drunk, and i said to them, thankyou for being my mate, i dont head bang, i dont wear black n make up etc and im in your club, but they said, your fine, we take everyone at face value.....

also got a loaf of gay mates in germany (big leather trousers, mustaches etc but their german lol) hehe. and im with them, and they were fine with me....

thanks for the honest reply, like i said, i just wanted a straight answer, gay pride n that but guess some people will always be offensive (although i was military 20 years ago, where it was totally differant to today)

I haven't got any gay mates, though I did have one friend who went out wearing nail polish one time. I really enjoyed the day. Whoever organised it deserves a big pat on the back/ bum. Great day and the compere queens were great. Will look forward to next year.

NB: Were the policemen "real" policemen?

Edited by chinaski

I haven't got any gay mates, though I did have one friend who went out wearing nail polish one time. I really enjoyed the day. Whoever organised it deserves a big pat on the back/ bum. Great day and the compere queens were great. Will look forward to next year.

Good question, were the firemen real too?:hihi:

It was a great day, we spent a few hours there and I scoffed a lovely Yorkshire faggot with gravy. :D I think it was probably better than last year as it was better attended and the layout seemed to work better.

Good question, were the firemen real too?:hihi:

It was a great day, we spent a few hours there and I scoffed a lovely Yorkshire faggot with gravy. :D I think it was probably better than last year as it was better attended and the layout seemed to work better.

Ha!

I've always wondered why a fire engine turns up at these events. I mean, they're not that interesting.

I think I saw you Suffy, but I didn't want to say "hello" as you were coming out of the big green clap bus.

Ha!

I've always wondered why a fire engine turns up at these events. I mean, they're not that interesting.

I think I saw you Suffy, but I didn't want to say "hello" as you were coming out of the big green clap bus.

:hihi::hihi: Drat, I thought I was being so discreet too.:mad:

I think I saw you hovering by the 'leather goods' stall.:thumbsup:

I went to pride yesterday and had a brilliant day :)

:hihi::hihi: Drat, I thought I was being so discreet too.:mad:

I think I saw you hovering by the 'leather goods' stall.:thumbsup:

I think you're mistaken. How could you know anyway; you were too busy gobbling on some pulled pork.

i bet you have gay mates, i knew i had a few, then the ones i would never ever expect came out...

have loadsa gay mates, but actually, they act more straight than most of my clostest straight friends. good laugh though, they take the crap outa me cos im blonde, speak german and lived there, banter all around

untermensch is a expression which means (literal translation) "lower being" ..."lower form of life", subhuman, IE, unworthy, substandard, or somehow less valid.

is that word used in england? of course i know what it means, just never heard it here...

i bet you have gay mates, i knew i had a few, then the ones i would never ever expect came out...

have loadsa gay mates, but actually, they act more straight than most of my clostest straight friends. good laugh though, they take the crap outa me cos im blonde, speak german and lived there, banter all around

It was interesting spending a few hours in the park; some of the stereotypes fit well, though I appreciate not always. There's a lot of body dysmorphia going on; plenty of too fat or too thin, a lot of ink and so on. I also picked up on a lot of unhappiness, especially amongst the younger age group.

All my mates are married, so I'd be worried if they were gay . . . but who knows?

It's interesting how gay people have to somehow 'accessories' their homosexuality.