Sheffield Pride 2010

I hope the weather stays nice for this, I'm really looking forward to it. I missed the first one because of being on holiday, but last year's was fantastic!

I am looking forward to it as well, best get this picnic started now :)

I am really looking forward to Pride this year - I'm still gutted about missing it last year!

Quick question though - How do I get to Pride? I'm looking to get a bus from the city centre (outside River Island), what number do I get and where the hell do I get off?!

Cheers!!

I am really looking forward to Pride this year - I'm still gutted about missing it last year!

Quick question though - How do I get to Pride? I'm looking to get a bus from the city centre (outside River Island), what number do I get and where the hell do I get off?!

Cheers!!

You can get off at Hunters Bar, you wont miss it, gay and pink things and big tents allover the place.

Bus - 80, 81, 82

You can get off at Hunters Bar, you wont miss it, gay and pink things and big tents allover the place.

Bus - 80, 81, 82

Ask for the driver to drop you at the park, and you won't go far wrong.

The park is just by the roundabout, and the field is only a short walk into the park itself.

Bus - 80, 81, 82

Ask for the driver to drop you at the park, and you won't go far wrong.

The park is just by the roundabout, and the field is only a short walk into the park itself.

Thank you!

Hope you both have a great time :)

Got back a little while ago.

The weather was great.

It was brilliant!!! The event was even bigger than last years, the park was chok-a-blok.

It was also lovely to catch up with a few friends (and meet new ones!)

Thought the organising team did a great job - well done to them all !

dont mean to cause offense, this is a totally honest question.

im straight, but have lots of gay friends, here in sheff, london and germany, i go out drinking with them etc, but why are there events like this? what i mean is, they are treat the same as straight people now, not like a long time ago, so why are these events organsised? there isnt 'staight people events' and i treat them like i treat the rest of my mates so just curious (honest)

cooljules - you make a good point ! as the Pride brochure says, we are quite lucky in the UK, but instances of prejudice still exist and its also an opportunity to celebrate those who fought for the equal rights which now exist, and remember that many people in other countries are not so lucky.

Who knows, in the future Pride events will have no point when acceptance is universal. But even in Sheffield, Gay people are verbally and physically abused by drunken yobs in town on most weekends.

no idea m8 im gay dont go to em, my sexuality is my own business i dont like parading round the fact what i am - all boils down to choice i spose

dont mean to cause offense, this is a totally honest question.

im straight, but have lots of gay friends, here in sheff, london and germany, i go out drinking with them etc, but why are there events like this? what i mean is, they are treat the same as straight people now, not like a long time ago, so why are these events organsised? there isnt 'staight people events' and i treat them like i treat the rest of my mates so just curious (honest)

Jules, it's because there aren't people like yourself, everywhere, who don't freak out at the idea of gay people. There are still people who think of folk who are gay as "untermensch", and not worthy of being allowed the same civil rights as anyone else.

I had a brilliant time there, the weather was brill, the atmosphere was great. it was a lovely way to spend an afternoon.