Does Sheffield frustrate you ?

:(Sheffield depresses me:(

:(Sheffield depresses me:(

it aint that bad!!

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!! and has done so since I set foot here 6 years ago. I moved here reluctantly since my husband got a job here and have been itching to leave ever since . Nothing in the intervening years has caused me to change my opinion of it

No amount of token 'regeneration' can gloss over the fact that this is a very backward thinking ( and smugly so) "relishing in its own parochialism" depressing town.

Compared to Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Leeds it is miles behind. These places have a forward thinking , progressive energy that makes them the air postively tingle with progress and oppurtunity.

You feel that they want to move forward not just on a national scale but want to compete with other european and global counterparts.

Sheffield has a defensive heart attack being simply compared to Leeds:roll:

There is no thinking on a big scale.

I have never experienced A place that is so deludedly self assured. Instead of asking "what can we do better?" "What can we do to justify the title of a city?" All I sense is "my God aren't we great"

And if I hear one more time -only 5 mins from the peak district !! in its favour I'll:gag:

Sorry I don't mean to offend native Sheffielders. I would just like to see Englands 4th largest city to get out more and learn and progress by looking at what others are achieving. I think the people of this city deserve it because they are lovely but they need to expect more insted of being content with their lot.

Most cities put everything in the centre arenas etc. Sheffield is different but i do want some bulking up in the centre. Which fabulous city do you want to move to because believe me you will get the shock of your life.