Applying for a crisis loan..rude staff.

And the person on the other end of the phone had a visual image of the caller and knew everything about them.

We are talking about a call centre with many operators and many callers.

I have tried to help the OP but sadly they seem to think making a complaint will make them feel better. I feel sorry for the staff, who do their job day in and day out, but have to suffer complaints and allegations all because some people don't get their way.

I have no more to say on this. I hope the OP gets it sorted. Complaining will not help. If you are unsure about going to CAB contact a local mental health charity and ask if they can help. Please don't start blaming others for various things - your aim should be to get this loan and you need to focus on this and this alone.

"I have tried to help the OP but sadly they seem to think making a complaint will make them feel better. I feel sorry for the staff, who do their job day in and day out, but have to suffer complaints and allegations all because some people don't get their way. "

The above paragraph wont help this person at all.."some people dont get their way"

By the sounds of it she just wanted a bit of politeness, is this too much to ask for??

She may be on prescription drugs..im on quite a few, i go on the phone with problems and end up running around the house looking for another piece of paper....these tablets can make you very forgetfull...i know mine do....it wouldnt hurt to have a bit of empathy and undestanding..:)

What a wonderful country we live in where people can do something wrong and blame someone else for it. And when people try and point this out they get shouted down by other people. The result is everyone goes round in circles and nothign gets done. The people who complain carry on complaining as it's a position of power for them.

Sometimes you have to be straight with people.

Lets hope for a change in Government - cause this one just feeds the complainers and gives them the power they so crave.

Had the OP been politely told to call back with the relevant details, then there wouldn't have been a problem. That's where the problem lies. Equally, the OP didn't do anything 'wrong'. She just didn't have certain details to hand.

As for the hysteria about changing Governments due to 'complainers', what utter rot. Typical "Disgusted of Tonbridge Wells" blather.

As a manager, I'd rather be informed of any potentially inappropriate behaviour on the part of my staff, so that it can be looked at, and any appropriate action taken. Being straight with people is entirely different from being rude and discourteous to people.

until anyone made the phone call how would they know what information was required from them ??? i would presume the person at he other end had that information on their screen. bizarre that they didn't really.

my mum had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with the benefits system after my brother died. my mum only contatced them to pass on the information that he had died. she was dealt with absolutely appallingly and she was contacting them to be a responsible citizen and inform them of his death. (for the benefit of some she does not claim any benefit of any kind) . she was told not to touch his money or she would be prosecuted as it wasn't hers, for gods sake as i said she contacted them to let them know he had died. my step dad complained and she actually had a call to apologize for the way she had been treated by the person who took the call. disgusting really.

and the cause of his death ??? mental illness played a big part.

some people are just ignorant, those people who get loads of calls each day from people needing crisis loans whether its a time wasting call or not they are still getting paid for it so it wouldn't hurt them to be polite would it?

I am sorry to hear some people have such low respect for others on this forum, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but some comments are disgusting especially those who are saying she should have hung up and the op should have had all the info ready. The op has clearly stated she has a mental illness, how would you feel if you was in urgent need of a crisis loan you phone up amd due to your mental illness cannot recall the the relevant dates so the woman who is getting paid to take your call puts the phone down on you before you get chance to say anything, I'm sure you would be pretty upset too.

I hope you get a crisis loan tomorrow hun, and you don't get an ignorant so and so again. Take care, x

The OP was given warning that the call would be terminated if they didn't give the relevant details. Nothing rude about that. It should not be reported.

I have not attacked the OP. The OP has come on ranting on the Forum. If the OP is not confident in finding the information then they should seek relevant help. If they have the information then they should just call again. I have stated the facts, sometimes the truth hurts.

Lets not comment on customer service and professional attitudes of staff when we only have one side of the story.

You cannot expect a call centre member of staff to be sympathetic towards every caller's needs. They are not mystic meg.

The OP previously said that the person hung up before she had a chance to say anything else. And yes, the call centre worker has lots of calls to answer day to day, but it's not like they were forced into the job. I'm sure they knew what it entailed, and they should be trained with a phone manner, and learn to have a little patience. After all, it's not a 'who can hang up on my customer quickest' race. They get paid for it, and thenperson obviously wasn't doing their job properly. It's not that hard to work in a call centre.

And, by the information given, the person wasn't looking for a mystic meg, they were looking for fairness and help. Neither of those were given.

God, people like you have no compassion sometimes.

Anyway, I think you should phone and complain, there was no need to treat you the way you were treated! Good luck if you do get any feedback on the rude member of staff. :) hope everything turns out well x

The OP didn't post the thread for obnoxious people like you to be rude to them. Which was the problem in the first plac

What a wonderful country we live in where people can do something wrong and blame someone else for it. And when people try and point this out they get shouted down by other people. The result is everyone goes round in circles and nothign gets done. The people who complain carry on complaining as it's a position of power for them.

Lets hope for a change in Government - cause this one just feeds the complainers and gives them the power they so crave.

i think you have so missed the point.

until anyone made the phone call how would they know what information was required from them ??? i would presume the person at he other end had that information on their screen. bizarre that they didn't really.

They don't (as I said earlier) because they're not required to have it. They just fill out a form online, and that gets passed on for a decision. The staff in the call centre are not benefit trained: they are literally there to gather information.

my mum had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with the benefits system after my brother died. my mum only contatced them to pass on the information that he had died. she was dealt with absolutely appallingly and she was contacting them to be a responsible citizen and inform them of his death. (for the benefit of some she does not claim any benefit of any kind) . she was told not to touch his money or she would be prosecuted as it wasn't hers, for gods sake as i said she contacted them to let them know he had died. my step dad complained and she actually had a call to apologize for the way she had been treated by the person who took the call. disgusting really.

and the cause of his death ??? mental illness played a big part.

At least you did get a reponse, although being treated properly in the first place would have been better.

My bold

I quite agree.

Which is why I feel constrained to inform you that you have been nothing but unhelpful, rude, unfeeling and downright obnoxious to the OP.

I don't understand why you appear to have some sort of bee in your bonnet about people who get sub-standard service having the temerity to complain about it, but this thread is really not an appropriate vehicle for you to express your views.

Perhaps you should start your very own thread on the subject, so you can rant to your little heart's content without the risk of upsetting somebody who's has quite enough to cope with already.

To the OP - I wish you luck with your loan and hope you get a more professional and helpful person next time you 'phone.

some people are just ignorant, those people who get loads of calls each day from people needing crisis loans whether its a time wasting call or not they are still getting paid for it so it wouldn't hurt them to be polite would it?

In fairness, it is a difficult area to work in, and by the very nature of the calls, it could be easy to fall into the trap of thinking that all who call 'know the procedure', as they've done it loads of times before. That of course shouldn't happen.

I am sorry to hear some people have such low respect for others on this forum, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but some comments are disgusting especially those who are saying she should have hung up and the op should have had all the info ready. The op has clearly stated she has a mental illness, how would you feel if you was in urgent need of a crisis loan you phone up amd due to your mental illness cannot recall the the relevant dates so the woman who is getting paid to take your call puts the phone down on you before you get chance to say anything, I'm sure you would be pretty upset too.

I hope you get a crisis loan tomorrow hun, and you don't get an ignorant so and so again. Take care, x

Agreed.

some comments are disgusting especially those who are saying she should have hung up and the op should have had all the info ready. The op has clearly stated she has a mental illness, how would you feel if you was in urgent need of a crisis loan you phone up amd due to your mental illness cannot recall the the relevant dates

That's absolute rubbish she was perfectly fine finding the number on her own and then coming on here to complain about it all.

So i'm sure she could remember a few dates after all if she needs a crisis loan it means she needs the money so surely you'd remember something as important as when you were last paid.

Edited by damo

That's absolute rubbish she was perfectly fine finding the number on her own and then coming on here to complain about it all.

So i'm sure she could remember a few dates after all if she needs a crisis loan it means she needs the money so surely you'd remember something as important as when you were last paid.

And how do you know what the person can and cannnot remember? Ever think that her memory could be fuzzy? Did you even consider reasons why they might be getting DLA? Clearly not.

'she found the number on her own' how patronising.

And how do you know what the person can and cannnot remember? Ever think that her memory could be fuzzy? Did you even consider reasons why they might be getting DLA? Clearly not.

'she found the number on her own' how patronising.

I know why she's getting DLA and how was my comment patronising?