What happens to Christians when they die?

Would that be the same 10 Commandments that are pretty much all contradicted in the bible at some point?

By wicked men who claimed falsely to speak for God and who were condemned for it by people like Nehemiah.

By wicked men who claimed falsely to speak for God and who were condemned for it by people like Nehemiah.

Thous shalt not bear false witness - and yet -

In James 2:25, Rehab is praised for lying:

Was not Rahab, the harlot, justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Thou shalt not steal - and yet -

They shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robben them, saith the Lord God. Ezekiel 39:10

Do they have the latest technology in Heaven, or hell for that matter, or do they still live in the first century? A quick email from one of them would straighten it out.

Thous shalt not bear false witness - and yet -

In James 2:25, Rehab is praised for lying:

Was not Rahab, the harlot, justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

Thou shalt not steal - and yet -

They shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robben them, saith the Lord God. Ezekiel 39:10

You make a good point about Rahab. The Bible says we know people by their works. (By their fruit shall ye know them) Rahab saved their lives and she made a stand for God. Had she answered the questions she would have been guilty of killing them. Finally her actions showed purity of heart.

Bearing false witness or testimony was primarily intended for a court of law but it may be extended to include any situation in which untrue words are used to harm another individual. Her words harmed no one, just the opposite in fact.

You misunderstand what it means to bear false witness and your criticism is unfounded like so many others.

Edited by Grahame

do they automatically go to heaven because they are christians? Is there some sort of "trial" with a defence and prosecution deciding if they were good or not in life to warrant them going to heaven? Who exactly decides if they go to heaven or not? If they are not accepted by heaven is there an automatic journey to hell?

What exactly does happen?

who cares!

Do they automatically go to heaven because they are Christians? Is there some sort of "trial" with a defence and prosecution deciding if they were good or not in life to warrant them going to heaven? Who exactly decides if they go to heaven or not? If they are not accepted by heaven is there an automatic journey to hell?

What exactly does happen?

Depends what branch of Christianity you are talking about.

Gabby,

This made me chuckle .... soooooo spot on.

Let me save you all some time, by predicting how this thread will run:

PLEKHANOV: I think religion is a load of old poo, and people who follow it are wrong in the head!

GRAHAME: I think God and Jesus are brilliant, and anyone who thinks otherwise is immoral and evil!

PLEKHANOV: No they aren't!

GRAHAME: Yes they are!

PLEKHANOV: No they aren't!

GRAHAME: Yes they are!

PLEKHANOV: No they aren't!.......etc

(Apologies for picking on P and G, just using you as examples!)

Gabby,

This made me chuckle. Soooooo spot on.

When we arrive at the Pearly Gates we'll all be greeted by old Gabriel himself.

"Alright you lot line up according to your religions. Christians on the right, Muslims on the left and Bhuddists in the center. Now then listen up!

Christians collect your harps and wings from the store on your left. Muslims file into that building on your right and select your seven virgins and as for the Bhuddists you lot will be recycled back to earth again in a couple of days'

When we arrive at the Pearly Gates we'll all be greeted by old Gabriel himself.

"Alright you lot line up according to your religions. Christians on the right, Muslims on the left and Bhuddists in the center. Now then listen up!

Christians collect your harps and wings from the store on your left. Muslims file into that building on your right and select your seven virgins and as for the Bhuddists you lot will be recycled back to earth again in a couple of days'

Darn...if this were the case, hope may be quite repetative for bhuddists, and quite unfortunate for females.

Please God, keep me in the wings and harps line.

Darn...if this were the case, hope may be quite repetative for bhuddists, and quite unfortunate for females.

Please God, keep me in the wings and harps line.

Not for me. B-o-r-i-n-g ! Anyway I dont know any songs written for the harp except Lady Greensleeves and I sure dont wanna keep playing that old number over and over for eternity.