Ceramic tap valve supplier

I am looking for a place that can supply ceramic tap valves just by looking at the old valve, without knowing what make the tap is. Has anyone on here managed to find a place in S,Yorks that has supplied them with a ceramic tap valve? It would be very helpful please.

I am looking for a place that can supply ceramic tap valves just by looking at the old valve, without knowing what make the tap is. Has anyone on here managed to find a place in S,Yorks that has supplied them with a ceramic tap valve? It would be very helpful please.

I would be interested too, I have two that are dripping and wondered if they could be repaired. BTW when I got them I was told "no more drips and washer replacements"

wilkinsons sell, the headbody with ceramic tap-washer.

I think there are about£9

That said the "old"type are £2 and a new washer is pennies

Andrejuan, i can give you a link to an online supplier that i feel quite sure would stock what you & i need, but i was hoping to just nip into town with the old valve. I do have a feeling that it may work out more economical to replace the tap (i need 2). The problem i have is the full sink has to be removed in my case to replace the mono block tap unit.

Anyway, here is a link to a supplier that stocks the ceramic valves with a NORMAL phone number, not the dreaded rip off 0845 or 0870 number.;)

http://www.lunns.net/tapspares/:thumbsup:

Tel: 01252-548711

the valves at Wilkinsons won't work with a monoblock as they need to be "paired" the threads are oposites unlike 2 separate taps

Monoblock replacement valves might be found on ebay too, about £20

I recently got some from B&Q, fitted them, and they work just fine.

Hello, I know that this is an old post but I need a ceramic tap valve. There are numerous types of valves but mine is an uncommon one so I would need to see it and compare it.I have been to all of the big DIY stores and also Plumbco, Grahams, Screwfix, Pickfords etc. But no luck. It is the brass type with an 18 tooth spline.

Many Thanks

Good luck in your search.

We had to replace one pair of taps and a monobloc having failed to identify the make and type of cartridge.

British Gas homecare exclude ceramic taps from their plumbing cover because of this problem.

Is this progress?Almost everyone could replace the old tap washers and the taps went on for ever.

The thing is, taps with rubber washers are still available. I won't have anything to do with ceramic disc taps now.

It says it all when Homeserve exclude them from jobs they will sort.

It would be fine if there was just 3 brands making 3 types. There are* myriad permatations of the ceramic inserts-mostly unbranded Chinese imports-there must be hundreds of variations.

I replaced the bath taps and wash basing taps with ones that have the old type rubber washers. The washer cost only pennies, and are easy to replace. The taps were cheap-bought from Tool Station.

As you suggest RJRB, we have gone backwards when it comes to taps.

Graham plumbers merchants got me a replacement from stock, walk up sale, no need to order, 'just' from looking at the old ceramic valve. Right faff now, take taps to bits, go to merchants leaving your taps in bits, come back hoping for best. They did work.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android