Ex.balfour darwins employees

• 1 month later...
I Worked at Darwins, the one at Templebourgh, 1955 _1958 I was a magnet tester anyone remember big Mary,:thy were happy days I think the pay was about £7 per week & that was very good money in those day,s :huh::huh:

I also worked at Templeborough/Tinsley branch Darwins Fitzwilliam Works,in the 1950s I remember big Mary in the magnet dept, the boss was Cliff Shaw also Tommy Allot (The Speedway rider) and his wife worked there. I worked in the fitters shop. Very happy days.

Brian Anderson.

• 4 weeks later...
My Dad used to work on the hammers then moved on to the rolling mills down at Greenland road part. He worked there for over 10 years before he was made redundant in the late 70's early 80's.

He might remember Harry Glaves, He worked there a long time and was made redundant about the same time.

• 3 years later...

I worked in production control at J Stead and Co Manor Lane which was Balfour Darwins Tool Division. 1959 to 1963 - remember a lot of people who worked there at the time - any one of you around ???

Grey Eminence - Subang Jaya - Selangor - hot and sunny Malaysia

Anyone work at J Stead and Co on Manor Lane. Became Balfour Darwins Tool Division. I was in production control there 1959 - 1963 and had as lot of daily contact with Darwins Bright Steel on Cricket Inn Road. Still remember a lor names from that time

Grey Eminence - Wangsa Baiduri, Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia