Ex.balfour darwins employees

• 4 months later...

Calibrator, Did your father ever mention workmen transferring to the plant in Brazil? It would have been in the 1930's

Trying to trace an aunt of mine who went out there with her husband- he worked for a Sheffield Steel Company.

Margaret

• 7 months later...
I remember Balfour Darwins very well judith. As a kid my Mum worked at the one on Broughton lane and every Christmas we used to go to the wicker to the annual kid's party.

In 68/71 I worked at the side of it in the Wicker ( Samuel Osbourn's ) in the forge.

Do you remember the pork butcher's "friedrichs" on the corner that did wonderful "dripping" cakes.

Thinking back I also remember "acquiring" the Eagle statue that was on the corner of the building. It was in our garden for ages.

I Worked at Darwins, the one at Templebourgh, 1955 _1958 I was a magnet tester anyone remember big Mary,:thy were happy days I think the pay was about £7 per week & that was very good money in those day,s :huh::huh:

anybody work for balfour darwins in the wicker, I worked there 68 to 73, they also had a place at templeborough and one on attercliffe.There was a lovely chippy across the road that did chip butties.

Hi Judith,

I worked at Balfour Darwins in the Wicker up to 1976 so was there at the same time as you. Which Department did you work in? I was in the Export Department. Had some very happy times there.

Hi Judith and Parsleydiva,

I worked at the Greenland Rd warehouse in 1971-72 but remember being constantly on the phone to the Wicker office. I used to speak to John Oglesby and David Hartley. I think they were in the export dept., as I recall discussing orders for Valapraiso, Chile.

I see on your other threads Parsley that you went to Darnall Congregational church. I used to go to Sunday school there too.

Regards David

Hi Judith and Parsleydiva,

I worked at the Greenland Rd warehouse in 1971-72 but remember being constantly on the phone to the Wicker office. I used to speak to John Oglesby and David Hartley. I think they were in the export dept., as I recall discussing orders for Valapraiso, Chile.

I see on your other threads Parsley that you went to Darnall Congregational church. I used to go to Sunday school there too.

Regards David

Hi David, I worked in the same office as John Oglesby amd David Hartley. Typed a lot of John's work. Yes we did a lot of business in South America. Fancy going to the same Sunday School - happy days at Darnall Congs.

• 6 months later...
Looking for people who worked for arthur balfours broughton lane around 1966 , my name is kathleen and i worked in costs/wages

I'm not sure when my Dad worked there I know it's when I was little but he was on the hanmers, Tony (Anthony) Luxon is his name.

My mum worked in the office in the Wicker around the late 1960's. Her name was Joan Ford. She is 86 now and lives in Dorset. She loved working at Balfour Darwins

I was in The Wicker in the 60's but don't remember the name. Do you know what department your mum worked in?