Stunning Views - Your Favourite

Have you ever been out on a walk and discovered an amazing view, so amazing that you never tire of going to the same spot?

If so, where is your favourite viewpoint and what is the view of?

I'll kick this off then, shall I :D

A few that spring to mind: Stanage Edge (the view along the edge is fantastic, especially when the sun is setting and changed the colour of the rockface); Mam Tor and/or Kinder Scout (viewing the Vale of Edale); Crook Hill (looking down on Derwent and Ladybower).

I can't think of anymore right now, but I imagine as time goes by I will be adding more to the list :)

Derwent edge, looking over the reservoir towards kinder.

Win hill looking over to Crook hill.

Lords seat Rushup edge looking across the Edale valley.

Should mention the Surprise view too, it was probably my first great view as a kid.

Derwent edge, looking over the reservoir towards kinder.

Win hill looking over to Crook hill.

Lords seat Rushup edge looking across the Edale valley.

Should mention the Surprise view too, it was probably my first great view as a kid.

Surprise view is great, and the car shaped holes in the wall up there :D

Mine has got to be Monsal Head 2nd the view from the top of loose hill.

Both a climb,but bye eck well worth it.

The view across the Loch from Durness golf course. I can, and have done, sit and read and admire the view for hours. Windswept, remote, bleak but incredibly beautiful and replete with rare flowers, dolphins, eagles and divers.

the views around loch tay and around killin in highlands of scotland you cannot beat it. The other is 2 places in my home town of scarborough i love to the views from scarborough castle and the other from olivers mount the views just look over scarborough and beyond on a good day

The walk i did recently in the manifold valley was wonderful.xx

Locally, I never tire of the views from Arbor Low looking out towards the other significant monuments. Further afield, the sight of the Langdale Pikes in the Lake District from across the Langdale valley always sticks in the memory. Off there next week for another fix.

Locally my favourite is the view from the cliff above Rocher Wood near High Bradfield (not sure what it's called, if anyone could enlighten me I'd be grateful. I'd guess Rocher Edge). It's a favourite evening stroll for me and perfect on a clear, still evening.

Further afield 2 views stick out in my memory. Firstly the view from the summit of Middle Fell in the Lake District. It's only a small-ish hill compared to what's around it but from it's summit you get an uninterrupted vista across all of the major fells of the western lake district and on a clear day can see the Isle of Man to the west, Scotland to the north and Morecambe bay to the south. Sublime.

Secondly Rackwick Bay on Hoy in the Orkneys. The cliffs have to be seen to be believed.

Stephen, you've been to hoy........

you lucky sod, it's one place i definetly have to visit one day just to see the Dwarfie stane. :love:

Bloody expensive and a hassle to get there though.

http://www.orkneyjar.com/history/tombs/dwarfiestane/

Seen it, been inside and even lay down in it :D Sorry to rub it in! My girlfriend perched on top of it for a couple of hours while I trotted up the nearest hill to take in the views. Hoy and the Orkneys are great, well worth the effort of getting to, and if you like megaliths, the list is endless.