Supervisor @ Somerfield earning over 18.5K?

I dont think so do you?, been given some details of some one who is proposing to be a gurantor on a rented property. I stated they had to earn over 18.5k and own thier own property.

This person says they are a supervisor @ somerfield. This made me immediately think this person wont be earning over that amount. Obviously i shall be checking wage slips etc.

But what are other peoples hunches?

To quote one of your own posts....

"Your a landlord asking a question about the *contract* you have had drawn up on here?

Do you know how stupuid that makes you look!!

I hope the tennants realise what an amature you are.

You should know the inns and outs of AST's before you become a landlord.!!"

That is a shocking wage for a manager!

depends what type of manager in what type of store. like i said earlier on, a duty (assistant) manager gets about £22-23k a year for helping to manage one of the little shops. where as the store manager will get double that.

in a superstore the equivelant of a duty manager will be a section (department) manager and get the same. but a store manager of a superstore often earns about four times that amount, because they are about 4 positions above.

i cant really complain at the wage i receive. i live well, can afford everything i need and i get free shares every year that pay for my holiday. i think the pays about right for the amount of responsibility and accountabilityyou hold in your position, thats what the pay structure is based on, and why the checkout operators and shelf stackers get less.

there are a lot worse paying jobs out there, ie more hours, more hard work and fewer benefits so overall its not a bad job or bad pay

Ive advertised a flat, found someone, did a credit check on them and they failed. (which i charged £75 for etc)

Advised they would need a guarantor who was a homeowner and earned over 18.5K

He comes back to me moaning saying "no one earns over that amount and owns their own place etc". I was like i dont think so, he tried to give me someone who was a shop worker and i rejected that.

He then said why cant you take out insurance and he would pay for that blah blah blah.

He just cant get in to his head that unless he comes up with what i am asking he wont be getting the flat.

Finally says i robbed him of £75!!

How many threads about this do you want to start ?

As many as i wish, now go flush your head down the loo please.

Excellent response, and you expect to be taken seriously ?

Sounds like a right scam. Keep taking £75 off people for credit checks then refuse them.

Sounds like a right scam. Keep taking £75 off people for credit checks then refuse them.

Lol funny!!. I told him to go check his credit file, lots of defaults and ccj, so thats my choice. You could say the same of agencies who decline people after taking £150 if not more!

Threads merged because they are discussing the same topic. Please stick to the one thread.

Thanks.

Right ive been thinking about this comment. If you would like to continue this would you mind sending me a letter with your full name address on it, with your signature saying the above:)

I shall be most glad to receive it!:), ill pm my full address if you so wish?