Looking for a tortoise.

hi forumers, I am looking for another tortoise. It has been almost a year now since my tortoise named Rocket passed away, and i now have the time for another. I have a set up so i'm just after the tortoise itself, i would prefer a horsfield but i am not over fussed.

Can anyone reccomend a pet shop or breeder to purchase one from? Or better yet, does anyone on here have one they need rehoming or that they are selling?

please let me know, my house is so empty without rocket.

Thank you.

Try Snakes"n"adders on mansfield road

How sad that your tortoise passed away. I have two, much loved pets. what happened? they usually live for years, 100`s in fact!

Ii found these whilst looking through some websites, you could probably contact them and see if they know of any in the area?

The Jill Martin Fund for Tortoise Welfare and Conservation

Registered charity number 1123430

http://www.charity-commission.gov.uk/SHOWCHARITY/RegisterOfCharities/CharityFramework.aspx?RegisteredCharityNumber=1123430&SubsidiaryNumber=0

These people are great and you may find a tortoise for rehoming here. They do particularly like to here from previous tortoise keepers who already have a set up.

http://www.tortoisetrust.org/activities/rehoming.htm

If not then the Northern Pet Centre at Oldcotes sells babies.

I hope you manage to find one

How sad that your tortoise passed away. I have two, much loved pets. what happened? they usually live for years, 100`s in fact!

Sometimes tortoises die they dont all live to be ancient. Your reply came accross to me that you were implying that the op had mistreated their last one either by neglect or bad husbandry.

However I could be totally wrong it has been known on the odd occasion

it was given to me from my grandad who had it quite some years. and i had him for 5years, and just to let you know i never negelcted or was a bad keeper i spent so much time and effort but when its time for them to go, its time isnt it :(

it makes me sad even to this day to think about it.

and thanks for the websites, ill check them out now :)

regards.

Lauren.

it was given to me from my grandad who had it quite some years. and i had him for 5years, and just to let you know i never negelcted or was a bad keeper i spent so much time and effort but when its time for them to go, its time isnt it :(

it makes me sad even to this day to think about it.

and thanks for the websites, ill check them out now :)

regards.

Lauren.

Can I just point out I wasnt saying that myself it is how I read the inflection of the post I quoted

yeahh i know what you mean :) i appreciate u standing up for me as some people just presume because an animal has passed it was the owners fault. =[

I think the reasoning behind this (and why pet lovers get defensive) is that many people get a tortoise on a whim (or any other pet) and they don't do their homework on what they need - particularly with reptiles - hence they die. I don't think it was personal - it was just how your post read - you didn't say how old it was etc.

Also a lot of people think they can keep them like years ago - out on the garden - feeding em on mainly lettuce, tomatoes etc.

Sorry to hear about your previous tortoise and good luck in your search for a new shelled friend - I'm sure you know what you are doing. If anyone has upset you I'm sure it wasn't intentional ;)

Sometimes tortoises die they dont all live to be ancient. Your reply came accross to me that you were implying that the op had mistreated their last one either by neglect or bad husbandry.

However I could be totally wrong it has been known on the odd occasion

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

hi sorry to here bout ur torty i have 2 unfortumatly have 2 sell mine hes 10 years old looking for 200.00 o.n.o cherrs lee