Freeview problem with BBC

I am having problems with my picture jumping on BBC 1 and 2. It only jumps when the sound is on and doesn't jump at all when muted.

Does anyone know why this could be happening and what I can do to stop it? All my other channels are absolutely fine.

mine seems ok on freeview, if it's a separate box make sure all the cables are firmly seated in both the TV and the box

my analogue looks ok too, again check the aerial is firmly seated if you are on analogue

also check the through connections on any VCR, PVR or DVD player in the loop too

Thanks for your response..the Freeview is built in to the telly. Is there a way you can switch between analogue and digital?

ooo b*gger, no idea mate, have you tried the computer solution ? turn it off wait a minute and turn it back on ?

My signal is driving me mad, I must remember to buy a proper aerial. I currently receive the signal with a piece of copper wire :hihi:

I get a very good signal, until I knock it by accident.

Thanks for your response..the Freeview is built in to the telly. Is there a way you can switch between analogue and digital?

Hi Bigcheese, press the AV button on your TV remote and you should get a list of 'connections' such as Digital, Analogue, etc. Select Analogue and make sure you tune your TV to receive analogue channels.

Good luck

My signal is driving me mad, I must remember to buy a proper aerial. I currently receive the signal with a piece of copper wire :hihi:

I get a very good signal, until I knock it by accident.

Ariels only cost £1 at poundland or 99p at the 99p shop in town. That's all I use in my house.

good luck

Thanks for your responses guys. I think there was a loose wire in the ariel cable. I have given it a good wiggle and in a certain position its fine. I was starting to panic because a have sunk the power cable and ariel cable into the wall and plastered and papered over them. When we move the telly will come with the house :hihi:

We got back from 3 weeks in Florida to find that our TV signal was rubbish throughout the house.

I have an RF modulator sending the cable signal on channel 63, I figured this might be interfering so I changed it to channel 46 and the signal did get much better. But some Freeview channels were still unwatchable, those at the top of the range on UHF 68.

I figured that the power on the signal from Belmont might have reduced slightly, or perhaps the leaves that have appeared on the trees whilst we were away are interfering with the signal. Anyway, just replaced our aerial booster with different one and everything is now okay.

So, have you got an aerial booster?

Ours was exactly the same, only come good in last 25 minutes!!

So, have you got an aerial booster?

No...are they any good?

I can only get 20 channels at the minute. I used to be able to get Film 4 and Dave among others, but its not finding them for some reason :huh: