Does sheffield need a michelin star restaurant??

Ok - maybe it's just me that is desperate for a decent eatery in town, rather than on the outskirts. And by decent - I don't mean it has to be Michelin Star - just decent.

Leeds for example, has Anthony's and Fourth Floor at Harvey Nicks - both very nice. What do we have, on that level, you know somewhere you can take your mum out for a treat after shopping?

Don't forget Brasserie 44... my partner and I both swore we'd leave the other for their mashed potatoes, they are THAT good.

To be honest, I haven't heard of anywhere in the town center that's similar to those places. Leopold Hotel maybe? We've never eaten there, but it always looks pretty upscale.

Don't forget Brasserie 44... my partner and I both swore we'd leave the other for their mashed potatoes, they are THAT good.

To be honest, I haven't heard of anywhere in the town center that's similar to those places. Leopold Hotel maybe? We've never eaten there, but it always looks pretty upscale.

There you go. I don't even know of all the decent places in Leeds city centre - there are so many!

I think there are a couple of good non-chain places in Sheffield city centre - the Wig and Pen can be a bit hit-and-miss but was very good when I was there 2 weeks ago, the new London Club is excellent, so is the Italian place in the Winter Gardens whose name I've forgotten. For me the best restaurant in Sheffield by a long shot is The Milestone and for me I think it's great that it's not in town or it would be even harder to get a table than it is now! I've been to The Old Vicarage once and thought it was OK but didn't really get what all the fuss is about. I also don't like places where I feel intimidated (and it's not as if I don't often go to nice places!) So for me, while I'd obviously welcome anything new and interesting to the Sheffield scene, I can't say I think having a Michelin-starred restaurant in town would change my life...

I think there are a couple of good non-chain places in Sheffield city centre - the Wig and Pen can be a bit hit-and-miss but was very good when I was there 2 weeks ago, the new London Club is excellent, so is the Italian place in the Winter Gardens whose name I've forgotten. For me the best restaurant in Sheffield by a long shot is The Milestone and for me I think it's great that it's not in town or it would be even harder to get a table than it is now! I've been to The Old Vicarage once and thought it was OK but didn't really get what all the fuss is about. I also don't like places where I feel intimidated (and it's not as if I don't often go to nice places!) So for me, while I'd obviously welcome anything new and interesting to the Sheffield scene, I can't say I think having a Michelin-starred restaurant in town would change my life...

I must give this London Club a go.

the greenhead in chapeltown is a michelin star restaurant.

I would just love to find a nice family run restaurant which isn't a franchise or a pub with food. I don't think there is a single outstanding restaurant in sheffield they are all chain run selling frozen processed rubbish or are just boozers selling "food"

the greenhead in chapeltown is a michelin star restaurant.

No it isn't.