Sign in to follow this  

The return of the horror flick

All this talk about movies...

2003 has been the year of the 'old school' stalk'n'slash, blood and guts classics that made the late 70's and early 80's, horrors golden era.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake has just dismembered its way into the top spot in the states (and I've not yet read a bad review which surprised me). And Wrong Turn, Cabin Fever (an absolutely brilliant film done on a DV), Freddy V Jason etc, have all had good spells here and in the states. Plus we got remakes of Hills Have Eyes and Dawn of the Dead, plus the long-time promised Aliens Vs. Predator all coming next year!!!

Seeing as most directors are going remake friendly, what film would you all like to see remade and why?

I'm gonna say two;

1. Wes Cravens ultimate revenge flick, Last House on the Left.

2. Lucio Fulci's gorefest 'The Beyond'.

Both these movies would love 2003 production values and effects that could be made available, digital camera work, and a bit more time and money spending to smooth the rough edges off.

I'm sorry but Wes Cravens 'Last house on the Left' shouldn't ever be remade. That movie is a classic and worthy of such status.

To remake it would be putting USA blockbuster cheese, money making spin on it, which IMHO would f*** it up beyong all belief.

The only films that have been remade and been better than the originals are 'Oceans 11' and 'Cape Fear'.

The remake of the classic psycho was **** poor compared to the original, and I feel this is the way it would go for anything the Hollywood churned out.

Lets make new one, not remake old ones.

I aggree Dabouncer that remakes rarely do an original justice and should be left to sink in history.

*Cringe* - remakes of Last House on the Left, Dawn of the Dead, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, The Hills Have Eyes etc...?!

Nay, nay and thrice nay! Why, oh why, oh why?

Sorry, but films should just be left as they are - no remakes. Remakes are wrong. I don't recall seeing ANY remakes which were better than, or even did justice to the original - although I'm sure there may be one or two out there. It's a shame that directors seem to have run out of ideas, and feel compelled to re-do old films instead.

I'm not a fan of remakes at all, I'm affraid.