"Need to sell now companies" I need a quick sale!!

It is so frustrating the people we want to buy the house from have reduced their house by £10k to try and get a quick sale, so we reduced ours by £5k to see if that brought any more interest, but Naff all so far! Plenty of houses seems to be going up for sale but no sold signs in my area of S6. We also keep getting letters & phone calls from other estate agents trying to get us to advertise our house with them ( we have only been with Blundells 3 months) but that would be more costs. What do you do? I noticed a house up for sale near me with 2 different estate agent's boards in the front garden! If people are not getting the mortgages because they don't have enough deposit or because the banks/building societies are tightening up their lending criteria, then people clearly cannot afford the house prices. Therefore, surely house prices can't keep rising casue people can't afford them. Even though I am frustrated in a market that is so slow I am in a good position as I bought my house just over 10 years ago so I will have a good deposit on the new house, which means I won't need a big mortgage. But how ridiculous is this, if I wanted to buy my house now I wouldn't be able to afford to buy it!!!! I'm so glad I am not a first time buyer now!

Hi Chafo,

We are one those 'quick sale' companies you mentioned. We buy houses and then rent it out to tenants. We don't normally 'flip' houses, as we prefer to hold for long term.

Yes it is true that buying at 25% discount to RICS valuation is ONE of the way we help people move on from their current property.

Of course, as has been mentioned in this thread, it is not suitable for everybody. If you have time and can wait, that may be best for you.

If, also mentioned, you can find by yourself a private buyer "who is struggling to get on the ladder", that is a good solution as well.

If you want to move on, for example you mentioned you current house is not big enough, then there are other ways we can help you.

For example, consider how much money do you exactly need right now from the sale of your property:

• If you need all of the equity, then of course selling it a big discount would not work since you get less.

• If you only need some of it, we can offer a higher price, and give you the bulk of it now, and the rest later.

So as you can see, selling at 25% discount is certainly not the only way to quickly sell your house.

Hope this helps.

I had to rent mine out instead but am not making any profit on it as the rent only just covers the outgoings, I do want to sell though, I have even tried to find a buyer who wants to buy with the tennants in as they are excellent people, but to no avail.

Hi doyle,

Have you considered letting it for a long term let, and sell it at the end of the term at an agreed price?

That means you don't have the hassle of being a landlord and keeping up with mortgage payments.

Just a thought.

Hi Chafo,

We are one those 'quick sale' companies you mentioned. We buy houses and then rent it out to tenants. We don't normally 'flip' houses, as we prefer to hold for long term.

Yes it is true that buying at 25% discount to RICS valuation is ONE of the way we help people move on from their current property.

Of course, as has been mentioned in this thread, it is not suitable for everybody. If you have time and can wait, that may be best for you.

If, also mentioned, you can find by yourself a private buyer "who is struggling to get on the ladder", that is a good solution as well.

If you want to move on, for example you mentioned you current house is not big enough, then there are other ways we can help you.

For example, consider how much money do you exactly need right now from the sale of your property:

• If you need all of the equity, then of course selling it a big discount would not work since you get less.

• If you only need some of it, we can offer a higher price, and give you the bulk of it now, and the rest later.

So as you can see, selling at 25% discount is certainly not the only way to quickly sell your house.

Hope this helps.

it says on your website that in some circumstances you will pay full market value, can you expand on this?

and how many have you actually bought at the full market value?

it says on your website that in some circumstances you will pay full market value, can you expand on this?

Certainly.

It simply depends on the property value and the terms to be agreed between the seller and the buyer, which is of course unique to each seller's circumstances.

and how many have you actually bought at the full market value?

Our associates and business partners have been doing it for the last few years, and we are currently in the process of doing one, as we speak.

Certainly.

It simply depends on the property value and the terms to be agreed between the seller and the buyer, which is of course unique to each seller's circumstances.

Our associates and business partners have been doing it for the last few years, and we are currently in the process of doing one, as we speak.

so i assume if a house is worth 150k today, you agree to pay 150k to the seller but give them 50k? then the remainder on a monthly/yearly basis over the next 10 years.

hoping that the repayments are covered by the rent you get or the increase in the house value over the next 10 years?

so i assume if a house is worth 150k today, you agree to pay 150k to the seller but give them 50k? then the remainder on a monthly/yearly basis over the next 10 years.

hoping that the repayments are covered by the rent you get or the increase in the house value over the next 10 years?

That is of course one way of doing it, and if it suits the seller's circumstances and particular needs, then everybody's happy.

Hi doyle,

Have you considered letting it for a long term let, and sell it at the end of the term at an agreed price?

That means you don't have the hassle of being a landlord and keeping up with mortgage payments.

Just a thought.

I have sent you a pm

Stay put, house prices are still due a fall. An upgrade will be relatively cheaper when the markets adjust to normal levels.

http://housingleaguetable.org.uk/Sheffield-summary?w=5270&pc=S1+1AA

You need to earn £35k+ to afford to buy an average priced home in Sheffield.

The average wage in Sheffield is less than 2/3s of that.

Do you think that it has every been any different except in the Gordon Brown pre-bust boom?

I needed to put together the equivalent of a years wages to buy my first home almost 20 years. People forget too easily. Just get saving and stop spending money on other stuff if a home is one of your priorities.

Stay put, house prices are still due a fall. An upgrade will be relatively cheaper when the markets adjust to normal levels.

http://housingleaguetable.org.uk/Sheffield-summary?w=5270&pc=S1+1AA

You need to earn £35k+ to afford to buy an average priced home in Sheffield.

The average wage in Sheffield is less than 2/3s of that.

First time buyers are unlikely to be buying an average priced home. People need to be realistic - there are 2 bedroomed ex council properties still selling for well under £100k. You wouldn't need £35k to afford one of those. We bought our first home in 1973 when it was really hard to get a mortgage, and as someone who hadn't lived in Yorkshire since the year dot, we couldn't get a sniff of a council house. So we moved in with no carpets and the curtains and stuff from our previous home. Nothing fitted very well, but we'd at least got ourselves a home of our own.

I also want to point out the anomaly of one of the statistics quoted in your link. http://housingleaguetable.org.uk/Sheffield-summary?w=5270&pc=S1+1AA

There are 97,818 households on the waiting list for affordable housing in your area – at current letting rates this will take 21.19 years to clear.

It would be much more realistic if the numbers of people actually bidding were counted. I would estimate that more than two thirds of the people on the waiting list don't either need or want to move at the moment. Loads of people register as a safeguard. They can build up waiting time and start bidding if their circumstances change.

We needed 10% deposit back in 78 so whats changed? that was over a years wage for me,started in a 2 bed townhouse and built up.

In this day and age do people expect it for nowt,I always believe if you graft you reach your goal but the goverment disagree and do give to people for doing nowt.

I have sent you a pm

Received and replied.

Thanks,