Oops landed back in hospital

oh my, only just seen this ! Glad you are fixed ... do you need help with the furries ? Me & Jez would be glad to help out x

oops, LOL, obviously not just offering to help with the furries - if YOU need anything give us a yell :)

Best wishes and a speedy recovery, take care xxxxx

Hope you doing well PT. xx

Yes, I'm doing okay thanks. I'm not in as much pain this morning, it's more "Ache-y" than pain-y, but I have to keep remembering to keep my arm still. (I've been told no "stretching movements" for a few weeks)

PB here again

Talk about stubborn she has been giving me earache all week about wanting to go home

Her dog has been waking me up 5 AM every morning =';!%** ing thing, I would let her out to do "her business" when I called her in after 15/20 mins she would crouch down and leave me a present every time

This morning she barked at 8. and left nothing according to Shel

The cats attacked me every time I went near them (I am very very allergic to cats) but I wouldn't harm them

Good luck love, I just hope you don't have to be taken to X-Ray by one of the porter scum, it might be me lol.

I have a suspicion I saw you in the X-ray department around 1.45/ 2pm yesterday.

I'm not long back from visiting PT. They whisked her off to theatre unexpectedly this afternoon and the pacemaker has been fitted. :clap:

As far as she knows, everything went well. She had the op under local anaesthetic, but they'd pumped her full of diamorphine, so she was distinctly woozy and quiet.

(snip)

Quiet? Me? Yes, that must have been the "diamorph" hehe. Woozy? Definitely. I really did not like the Diamorph, I found it unpleasant. It knocked me out for hours.

There's a minor, minor problem, that the X-rays showed one of the wires isn't exactly 100% where it's meant to be, but the tests the technicians did on the pacemaker show that it is doing its job, nonetheless, and firing up as it's meant to do. (thank God!) So I don't need to have it repositioned. (Massive relief!)

The techie chap used a fascinating machine that is able to interrogate my pacemaker, and find out how accurate it's being.

It can even have the pacemaker tell the machine how many beats my heart has made, and how many of those beats were from my own rhythm, and how many of them had to be triggered by the pacemaker. Isn't medicine fascinating??? :wow:

Pleased to hear you're doing well and the pacemaker's pacemaking! We're so lucky to have the heart experts at NGH right here in Sheffield. :love:

I have a suspicion I saw you in the X-ray department around 1.45/ 2pm yesterday.

Oh no, I hope you didn't catch me "working" lol.

Update

Well, I'm about 10 days in, from the op, and the swelling and bruising is now subsiding, and I'm able to sleep better, and certainly sleep without as much discomfort.

I'm not allowed to lug/lift with the arm on the side I was operated on, and I am also not allowed to do any stretching with that arm, for about six weeks.

The incision site is itching like mad, as the cut is healing... which I'm finding very irritating.

I'm still feeling a bit shell-shocked, but I am feeling a bit of a difference since the pacemaker was fitted.

I don't feel as sluggish, I feel more mentally alert, and I don't feel like I'm constantly on the verge of passing out, now, which is amazing.