Seat recliners on planes, now (some) airlines take action !

Because it reduces the room the poor sod behind has, throw the "well you can recline too" reply but the fact is. Some people actually care about others and how little room we all have on a 7+ hour flight. Like I said before, if you want that extra space, pay to upgrade. Simples...

They've already paid for that space, and for a chair with the ability to recline into it. You're trying to stop them using a service they've paid for by claiming the space that they've paid for.

They've already paid for that space, and for a chair with the ability to recline into it. You're trying to stop them using a service they've paid for by claiming the space that they've paid for.

How do you know it's space they've paid for? Does it say it on the ticket somewhere, maybe in the small print?

I could just as easily say that the space in front of me, is space I've paid for and the person in front is taking it by reclining. Therefore, it's down to me whether they can recline into my space.

How do you know it's space they've paid for? Does it say it on the ticket somewhere, maybe in the small print?

I could just as easily say that the space in front of me, is space I've paid for and the person in front is taking it by reclining. Therefore, it's down to me whether they can recline into my space.

If flying BA long haul economy, I'd certainly say the passenger has paid for the space the seat reclines in to.

" Are you sitting comfortably?

Your seat is ergonomically designed and comes with an adjustable headrest, lumbar support and recline.

Your World Traveller experience also includes a few extra features to help make the journey as enjoyable as possible, including a comfy cushion, blanket, toothbrush and toothpaste — plus flight socks and an eye mask on request. "

Don't know what marketing blurb other airlines use for their cabins but from a personal view point, I would always say that the space a seats reclines in to is space the passenger is fully entitled to recline in to.

Edited by WageSlave

Are you just being stupid now?

I'm off to Dublin later, I'll be sure to recline the seat at some point, just because of this thread!

this is not a stupid question? but just exactly what space do you pay for when you buy a seat on a plane?

So, if they have paid for the space, they could, rather than recline their seat, just hang a jacket/jumper on the rear of their chair and expect the person who has it touching their knees the whole flight, be ok with it ?

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 12:44 ----------

I'm off to Dublin later, I'll be sure to recline the seat at some point, just because of this thread!

Please do, you'll just be another one of "those flyers" to add to the list.

You'll do it "just because of this thread", not because you have to/need to, like I said, ignorant flyers.

Tonight's Room 101 on now. Will Adrian Chiles' wish get put in?

Yes it will, to a loud cheer!

Edited by milquetoast1

So, if they have paid for the space, they could, rather than recline their seat, just hang a jacket/jumper on the rear of their chair and expect the person who has it touching their knees the whole flight, be ok with it ?

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 12:44 ----------

Please do, you'll just be another one of "those flyers" to add to the list.

You'll do it "just because of this thread", not because you have to/need to, like I said, ignorant flyers.

If I've paid for the service then I'm free to do it or not as I wish aren't I. That's how things work once you've paid for them.

Obviously a jacket hanging on the chair would hang vertically and interfere with the table tray, something that reclining the seat does not do.

If I've paid for the service then I'm free to do it or not as I wish aren't I. That's how things work once you've paid for them.

Obviously a jacket hanging on the chair would hang vertically and interfere with the table tray, something that reclining the seat does not do.

I will ask again, when you purchase a seat on lets say a 737 what have you purchased ? if you recline your seat you have more room than the person sat behind you if that person for whatever reason does not want to recline.

You have purchased the right to sit in that seat obviously, and if it's fitted you have purchased the right to recline the seat. You also have the right to use the table thing in front of you, the overhead light, and the bathroom, and you are paying to be transported to your destination of course.

All of which is pretty obvious, so why ask?

I will ask again, when you purchase a seat on lets say a 737 what have you purchased ? if you recline your seat you have more room than the person sat behind you if that person for whatever reason does not want to recline.

One passenger decides to use all the space allocated to them ( the recliner ) and one passenger doesn't ( the non recliner ). Both passengers still have the same amount of allocsted space the only difference been is how the passengers use that space.