The Crown at Totley

Does anyone know if The Crown at Totley is still open? I drove passed last night and there was no-one about at all.

Does anyone know if The Crown at Totley is still open? I drove passed last night and there was no-one about at all.

It's been closed for a while now, not sure why. Shame really it was a nice relaxed pub. You still have the Cricket' and the Cross' to choose from though! Equally relaxed and friendly. :)

Another pub closed because the tenant was unable to make a living after paying the extortionate lease and prices charged by the Enterprise Inns.

The pubco hope it will reopen when they find another mug.

It's been closed for a while now, not sure why. Shame really it was a nice relaxed pub. You still have the Cricket' and the Cross' to choose from though! Equally relaxed and friendly. :)

And the Fleur de Lys.

And the Fleur de Lys.

:hihi: Quite right Andy, I'm sure. It's just that it was never a favourite of the Totley mob. ;)

The Shepley Spitfire seems to have been quite busy since The Crown closed.

Another pub closed because the tenant was unable to make a living after paying the extortionate lease and prices charged by the Enterprise Inns.

The pubco hope it will reopen when they find another mug.

I believe People stopped customising the Pub because of the new licencees.

This used to be a fantastic local but has deteriorated over recent times. It was at it's best when the Harrops had it.

My friend went in a few weeks ago and there was a large Asian "bouncer" working in the place, not sure why he was needed but not a good image for a lovely rural pub.

Hopefully someone new can turn it around and restore it's custom.

The Crown? Large asian bouncer? Something doesn't compute there.

I drove past a few days ago and the pub looked shut and already showing signs of being run down. It's a great pity because it was a great traditional pub that served very good food, but none of that gastropub nonsense.

When Phil ran the Crown last year, it was at its best. Punch drove him out with high rents etc. The woman who took it over, a real wast of space, lasted about a month. Someone is moving in now, so lets hope they keep it as a ' proper pub ' or they will be finished in another month ! I hope it works 'cos I want my local back.

The Crown re-opened tonight at 5:30, first impressions of the new landlord & landlady are good (Tony & Julie).

I believe People stopped customising the Pub because of the new licencees.

This used to be a fantastic local but has deteriorated over recent times. It was at it's best when the Harrops had it.

My friend went in a few weeks ago and there was a large Asian "bouncer" working in the place, not sure why he was needed but not a good image for a lovely rural pub.

Hopefully someone new can turn it around and restore it's custom.

I think you have the wrong Crown Fant'! :hihi:

The Crown re-opened tonight at 5:30, first impressions of the new landlord & landlady are good (Tony & Julie).

Great news. :thumbsup:

Do they do evening meals?