Planters stolen in Hillsborough

Very concerned to see 2 men (one of them I recognised as a local begger) passing planters over a locked 6 foot gate and out of a garden in the middle of Hillsborough yesterday evening. Please keep an eye out for neighbours gardens

Thay got on tram at hillsbrough and got off at bamforth street both out of there heads

Glad to help

Very concerned to see 2 men (one of them I recognised as a local begger) passing planters over a locked 6 foot gate and out of a garden in the middle of Hillsborough yesterday evening. Please keep an eye out for neighbours gardens

when you say a local beggar, do you mean one of the big issue sellers outside the precinct or another one?

did you call the police?

was this from a private garden or a public place.

sorry for the 20 questions...i put so much bloody effoert in to trying to keep my pots alive so i can imagine how upset a keen and established gardener would be if their planters went missing. :rant:

Thay got on tram at hillsbrough and got off at bamforth street both out of there heads

what? with the planters?

at least the tram has cctv and somebody is bound to notice folks with big flower pots!

x

x

This man is an actual beggar who works Hillsborough regularly, not a big issue seller. The planters were taken from a private garden and yes it has been reported

Apparantly the planter outside Brownhill electrical was stolen rather than vandalised. Not a casual thief either. It was screwed into the window box

What did the police say?

Gave me a log number to pass on to the owner which I have done, she was going to pursue it with them. I am now waiting to be asked to give a statement. Guess thats how we tell if the police are taking it seriously or not