Sign in to follow this  

Error message 0x800ccc0f

Can anyone help me to sort this litle blighter?

I'm assuming that this is on a Windows machine?

Does the wording around the error include anything like 'Access Violation' or 'Exception Error'?

If so, then the error is being thrown from deep in the bowels of the Operating System. A piece of software on your PC is misbehaving to the degree that the Windows Operating System can no longer run it properly so it just throws up it's hands and dies.

It can be caused by incompatible programs, corrupt programs, badly written software or viruses, trying to run a program on a version of Windows for which it's not written - all sorts of things.

I have spent a fair amount of my professional career trying to sort these things out and they're absolute pains in the bum.

I'd try a Google on the error numer and the program that is throwing it.

Joe

I'd suggest the same as Joe, i.e. doing a Google search, however as i have discovered there are thousands of possible error messages that can appear and are extremely annoying to figure out what on earth is going on, my head and the wall have met on several occasions, hopefully your's will be an easy to resolve problem, I'll keep my fingers crossed

Just stick the error number in Google, that's brought up the solution for me 90% of the time.

Google suggest it's an Outlook Express error - do a search for '0x800ccc0f' and take your pick of the solutions :) Obviously it might have sod all to do with OE as well - there should be more to the error message than just a hex number as stated above.