What are the rents on Fargate and the likes?

...The council would not give me an idea until I sent them an application and had it approved!

I'd only have a cart selling food- I'd like to know the rent first before I buy anything for obvious reasons.

If I can't afford the rent, it's a non starter really!

I just need a rough idea!

On the grounds that out-of-date information is better than no information ...

In the 1970s, nine of the ten highest-priced rents and rates in the entire country, were in London. The other one was Fargate.

But how would any trader make any money!!

But how would any trader make any money!!

At that time, we didn't. We wanted a shop there to boost our image in Sheffield, and never expected to turn a profit in it; but at the rates being charged, we couldn't afford even that.

Things are probably not as outrageous now as they were then; after all, some people have hot-dog-and-jacket-potato carts on there, so there must be money to be had. I can't imagine that it's very easy to make a living at it, though.

I think the idea has potential to do well- but obviously it'll take time to make a decent profit.

I just want it to be doable not impossible due to stupidly expensive rents.

And I'd guess that there is an application fee, so the council will take money off you just for letting you know if it's worth considering or not?

That seems to be the usual way of things. Sorry I can't be any more helpful than to say that forty years ago, it wouldn't have been worth it. :hihi:

And I'd guess that there is an application fee

I'm pretty sure there is- really disgusting! All we're after is an idea of the cost- why are they being so infuriating!

And I'd guess that there is an application fee, so the council will take money off you just for letting you know if it's worth considering or not?

That seems to be the usual way of things. Sorry I can't be any more helpful than to say that forty years ago, it wouldn't have been worth it. :hihi:

Why not be a cheeky sod and request it under the freedom of information act? I'm sure they can't charge more than a tenner :D

No traders on here whatsoever??!