GC2739K - Geocaching event in Sheffield

A summer social event being held on Saturday, June the 19th, held at a central location, drinks are available at the venue. It starts at 1pm and ends at 5pm.

This is the first event I have organised, so, please be gentle.

The Old Queen's Head is a public house on Pond Hill in the City of Sheffield, England that occupies the oldest domestic building in the city. This timber framed building is thought to date from c.1475, although the earliest known written record of it is in an inventory compiled in 1582 of the estate of George Talbot, the 6th Earl of Shrewsbury that included the furnishings of this building, which was then called "The hawle at the Poandes". As a part of the Earl's estate, it may have been used as a banqueting hall for parties hunting wildfowl in the nearby ponds. These ponds, which formed in the area where the Porter Brook meets the River Sheaf, are now gone, but are commemorated in the local names Pond Street, Pond Hill (formerly Pond Well Hill) and Ponds Forge.

By the beginning of the 19th century the building was being used as a residence. In 1840 a pub called the Old Queen's Head was opened in the neighbouring building, and sometime after 1862 the pub expanded into this building. The building was given Grade II* listed status in 1952. The pub was refurbished in 1993, as part of the Tom Cobleigh chain, but is now served by the Thwaites Brewery.

The Queen in the pub's name is likely Mary, Queen of Scots, who was imprisoned in Sheffield from 1570 to 1584.

(Taken from wikipedia (visit link)

This event takes place on Saturday the 19th of June

The event starts at 1pm and finishes at 5pm.

Looking forward to meeting you there.

Hi!

Hopefully I should be able to come along to this, looking forward to meeting you! :)

Oooh this sounds interesting, can anyone come, even if you've not done it before?

Yes vwkittie. It will be a good opportunity for you to meet others & find out a lot more about it. I'm going, so there's at least one person there you know!:)

If your attending, please go to geocaching.com and log a "will attend", it is free to join the website and yes, anyone is welcome, even newbies to the hobby.

Sounds interesting, I have an app on my phone for this so I am tempted to come along :idea:

Your more than welcome to come along, just go to geocaching.com and register, then find the event and log a "will attend", this is so I can get an estimate of how many people to expect.

The venue is booked and will be ready for the event.

Sounds interesting, I have an app on my phone for this so I am tempted to come along :idea:

Since when have you ever taken an interest in my geocaching Bruno?!?!:o

Hope you have 'turned' though - you'll enjoy it! :D

Since when have you ever taken an interest in my geocaching Bruno?!?!:o

Hope you have 'turned' though - you'll enjoy it! :D

Because Mrs DJ did NOT log in with her own name:hihi:

Because Mrs DJ did NOT log in with her own name:hihi:

Ahhh, that explains it!!:hihi:

BUMP

C'mon guys and gals, really want to see you there.

Only two weeks until this event takes place.