Plusnet - what do we think?

you can only get BT 8meg or talktalk in high green...the age of technology eh

:roll:

I'm a satisfied customer. Good prices, great customer services and you are supporting a company based in Sheffield (although owned by BT).

I'm happy with Plusnet.

Been with them ever since they bought Metronet. Connection speeds always seem pretty good (I'm quite far from my exchange so happy with 1.5 Mbps). £6/month for 10GB limit seems very reasonable. Never had any major problems with them, and had good experiences with their customer support on two occasions.

That's good to see Blue :) Yes okay okay I work for Plusnet and I am very proud of the company and what they stand for. I've seen most of the changes made and it's all so good. But I was also a customer for many years with them. I used to pay £99 a month for an always on dialup and then in 2003/2004 £65 a month for 2MB when ADSL was introduced. So my opinion is both sided.

I am a techie..

I did work there, I left.

I have O2 broadband :D

Had PlusNet broadband for around 3 years. Still charged me a £50 disconnection fee when I moved to another provider.

that'll be the deferred contract and possible cessation fees if you went to someone like talk talk .

Another thumbs up for O2 here as well.

Plusnet tied with O2 for tech support so something is right there.

Bit so-so since our move. They were very good while I had them at the previous address, up to just before Xmas 2009. They are still very good for customer service/features/etc.

At the time of our move, I upgraded to the top 20+MB package, but we're still only getting 100-150k down.

Plusnet told me it might be an issue with distance from the exchange (fair enough)...but then again, the neighbours are getting >500k down with a different provider, so :huh:

Considering "half-"voting with my wallet, so just a tariff downgrade (I don't really need a faster speed :D), not a complete ISP change yet.