South Park creators threatened for putting Mohammed in a bear suit.

And the fundamentalist website saying: Matt and Trey (the makers of South Park) will end up dead...

But he then followed it up with: "don't worry, it's not a threat. Consider it a warning."

/sigh

Sure freedom of speech is everybody's right, but not at the stake of offending sentiments of others. If you think offending Muslim sentiments is a "freedom of speech" thing, then try recognizing "Holocaust" as a HOAX and you'll find yourself neck deep into Jewish lobby's thirst for blood for you.

Is this the peaceful religion of Islam we hear about so much?

Yes a bit like the peaceful Christians who kill doctors for carrying out abortions.

I don't 'get' it, admittedly, but how can showing a religious figure in ANY way be deserved of death or hate.

I mean, it's OK to follow that in your own religion, but you can't expect to apply that to others.

It's like saying: let's form a bun making club. But we're all overweight, so we'll only use low fat products.

And then hating anyone else who uses lard to make their buns.

The great thing about South Park's creators is they are equal opportunities discriminators.

Whether it's Harley Davidson riders, people who shop at Walmart, children in wheelchairs, the beauty of it is that YOU could be next.

And that goes for you mohahahahahahamed.

I was going to post about this earlier but then wondered whether we really needed another thread about Islam/Muslims/Religion/humourless sky pixie believers.

Its a cartoon bear for Allahs sake! You'd think some people would have other things to worry about and get upset over wouldn't you?

Mohammed was in a previous south park episode a good few years back without any problems.

Maybe people's opinion has changed and this is the problem.

I remember being told on SF I should be dealt with if I wore a t-shirt with a stick man drawn on it with the words Mohammed below :roll:

Jesus is also recognised as a Prophet in Islam, yet I can't remember any Muslim extermist groups making threats about the numerous appearances by Jesus on South Park.

Serapis, seriously, that would be asking for serious trouble...

It's bizarre, isn't it?

Muslims will look for anything to get attention, who gives a damn what they think anyhow :roll:

clearly false as if Budha were a coke head there's no way he'd have been that fat.

That was funny!!! :D

In response to KamalJoe, US Freedom of Speech has not yet had the sorts of rules imposed on it that you all have there. While it might not be socially acceptable behavior, it is perfectly alright for someone to offend the sentiments of others. They don't have to like it but we all have the right to do it. And I, for one, hope it always stays that way.

That was funny!!! :D

In response to KamalJoe, US Freedom of Speech has not yet had the sorts of rules imposed on it that you all have there. While it might not be socially acceptable behavior, it is perfectly alright for someone to offend the sentiments of others. They don't have to like it but we all have the right to do it. And I, for one, hope it always stays that way.

Here here!

I am completely prepared to be insulted, I can think "they are an idiot" or "I am better than you are" and walk away feeling superior. If instead I threatened to kill them for their non belief in the science lab fairy I would be the loser/idiot/mental case