Massive fire Darnall - 20/04/10

To make it worse it's been widely reported that Asian youths were lauching rocks & bottles at emergency services while they were trying to put out the blaze.

Should've just let it spread. Give the area the re-generation it badly needs.

I did not see or hear anything to this nature, But I certainly agree Darnall badly needs regeneration.

Hey!

I live in darnall...so long as the "cleansing fire" stays on the stainforth road side of the train tracks I'll be ok.

[quoteQuote:

Originally Posted by KarlM1983

To make it worse it's been widely reported that Asian youths were lauching rocks & bottles at emergency services while they were trying to put out the blaze.

I did not see or hear anything to this nature, But I certainly agree Darnall badly needs regeneration. ]

There were some youths there....... but youth being youths nothng more, certainly no throwing stuff at the Sy fire service

[quoteQuote:

Originally Posted by KarlM1983

I did not see or hear anything to this nature, But I certainly agree Darnall badly needs regeneration. ]

There were some youths there....... but youth being youths nothng more, certainly no throwing stuff at the Sy fire service

just a update its just been on hallam fm that there was youths throwing stuff that was reported by a fire brigade member x

local youths WERE throwing bottles, I can guarantee you that. and there were only around 6-7 appliances there.

Youths throw stuff at fire engines in every "poor" suburb across the country.

Lets not make it a race issue just because the youths in that area may not be white because of the statistics of population.

Lets not make it a race issue just because the youths in that area may not be white because of the statistics of population.

totlly agree on that one .. i just don't understand howe the ycan be so pathetic been up to have alook today at the remains of the club its so sad what a waste

Understand it darnal lib club building and there are at least 7 pumps in attendnace - possibly worst sheffield fire since the old spiritalist church off abbeydale road around 3 years ago

no the worst fire was the fletchers fire on wadsley bridge:sad:

I didn't mention race....just for the record...........AND it aint just the 'poor' suburbs either.

Were they Asian? Yes.

Were they youths? Yes.

So if they can't be called Asian youths, what are they?