Massive fire Darnall - 20/04/10

Well my old account died and I don't have 5 posts to post url's yet so forgive me for bypassing it... but i tried taking a pic...

www dot taniquetil dot com /IMG_0013.JPG

That's what it looks like from my window in Crookes. (At least, when you use 10 quids worth of camera through binoculars and trying to hold it as steady as possible)

Nasty stuff, hope no one gets/was hurt.

Well my old account died and I don't have 5 posts to post url's yet so forgive me for bypassing it... but i tried taking a pic...

www dot taniquetil dot com /IMG_0013.JPG

That's what it looks like from my window in Crookes. (At least, when you use 10 quids worth of camera through binoculars and trying to hold it as steady as possible)

Nasty stuff, hope no one gets/was hurt.

http://www.taniquetil.com/IMG_0013.JPG

The flames are looking worse as I can see them from my window :(

Thanks for url ><

I think it's possibly died down a bit (flame-wise) as they were higher before, but it looks a lot more dramatic now it's dark.

i can see it from my flat window, flames aren't as high now but it looks like it still going strong!

Anymore pics??

Only other pic I took was same url but: IMG_0011.JPG

I wasn't going to bother with it because it's apalling quality - i'm really sorry! I've never owned a camera that is even 2% decent, and it was really tricky trying to hold it over the end of the binoculars and 'guess' the focus (no way to tell until after taking a pic and opening it on pc)

I guess at least it gives an idea of what the smoke was like at about it's peak.

i drove past about an hour ago looks really bad hope no one was injured

I can see it from hillsborough :)

And you're happy there's a fire to see...:suspect:

:)No, I just felt like putting a smiley face.:)

Edited by Ducky1