These charity bags are doing my head in now..

Well altogether this morning, I've had the previously mentioned begging leaflet, plus, the postie has brought me a load of junk mail too !! None of it is addressed to any of us here, its literally junk advertising mail..

:rant:

Its going to get worse. Royal Mail are currently running a big radio ad campaign about using their junk mail services.

It's all a scam, I just got one through the door wanting my clothes for the africans. The thing is, I weigh 23 stone. If the clothes of a fat bloke fit them then let's be right, they don't need our charity.

do what i do and send all the takaway leaflets back in the prepaid envelopes that come from credit card companies etc that send you all this junk! you never know they may be hungry!

It's all a scam, I just got one through the door wanting my clothes for the africans. The thing is, I weigh 23 stone. If the clothes of a fat bloke fit them then let's be right, they don't need our charity.

lol I heard that one before. well along those lines anyway but a bit more vulgar....:hihi:

Just reuse them as bin bags

They're also perfect for gardening waste. If, of course, you have a garden, and bother to do any work in it. :cool:

Ive decided to put a lock on the inside of the letterbox and lock it as

soon as the postie has been at 9am...

stops all the voting crap too and junk leaflets :P

That has to be the best idea on here!!

I get far too many takeway leaflets, charity bags, crappy newspapers, adverts from tree cutting to drive cleaning ( The fact I don't have a drive should tell them something!)

I do have a sign saying 'no free newspapers' but I still get them in the letter box!! :rant:

I just wonder if they would be so keen if I sue them because I've slipped on one of them.

For me charity begins at home, take your junk to a high street charity shop.

I agree!!!

Just reuse them as bin bags

Me too! I must get about 4/5 a week.

I think they're a great idea, they remind you to do the jobs you put off the most, like sorting out your wardrobe!! I only donate to the 'authentic' charities that usually have a printed bag rather than a dodgy looking sheet of paper attached to a cheap plastic bag.

Ive decided to put a lock on the inside of the letterbox and lock it as

soon as the postie has been at 9am...

stops all the voting crap too and junk leaflets :P

postie 9am? you sir are a big fibber :hihi: 3pm at the earliest

people are actually getting angry about a bag being posted through a letter box?

you must have really difficult, problematic lives if you consider that an issue. who cares? life goes on. a lock on your letterbox? that has to be the saddest thing i have ever read.