East West, London Road

Medic girl - you don't ride a motorbike do you?!

No I don't...why?! I don't get it...

No I don't...why?! I don't get it...

Sorry - thought I knew you! Didn't want to be too specific as not everyone on here wants to be named (like me - I'm not really a dog, believe it or not!). :)

My favourite food there is the ... cauliflower '65', deep fried in a delicious (and very spicy) coating

And mine :love:

I love it there, rangto order a delivery earlier and was told they weren't doing them though :(

I like the masala dosa and the kerala kingfish curry

Did anyone find they go a bit over board on the salt??

Personally, (mainly for this reason) I'd say the Kashmir floors it.

No, never noticed an excess of salt at East and West although I did have a problem with salt levels in the Mangla on a couple of occasions - enough to put me off going back there, in fact. I think some sub-continental cooking does use a lot of salt as a matter of course, so perhaps it is easy to go over the top from time to time.

Never found that - I'm generally quite sensitive to salt so this would definitely put me off. I'll go back tonight and investigate - I'm good like that. :hihi:

Never found that - I'm generally quite sensitive to salt so this would definitely put me off. I'll go back tonight and investigate - I'm good like that. :hihi:

And I am volunteering to go to the Kashmir tonight, so we can compare notes...

It is the only Indian restaurant that I will eat at - and I'm Indian.

And I am volunteering to go to the Kashmir tonight, so we can compare notes...

Well, the salt was within normal levels but garlic was off the scale! I had a meat thali with a very interesting sweet and sour prawn curry, good methi lamb and a creamy chicken korma, mixed quality starters (dry lamb chop but a nice piece of chicken and great spicy halloumi!) and the usual spongy nan. My companion had a biryani with a dhal that contained several large chunks of garlic - overkill, in my opinion.

Went here again for the 2nd time. Began with a trip to the loo and as I passed through the off-shot kitchen by a young Indian lad peeling onions over a bucket I felt like Keith Floyd - proper authentic! :hihi:

Anyway, we began with mutton rolls and then the Kerala fish curry and deviled mutton and some rice and a chipati.

By God it was good, the best Indian food I've ever had. The portion sizes were just right too. They seemed quite small, but they're actually just right, for me anyhow.

I hate going out and feeling uncomfortably stuffed. Feeling bloated is crap for after beer drinking.

The guy front of house was as great as before, really helpful and enthusiastic.

It seems they're thinking of moving to larger premises.

Edited by chinaski