Does gamestation own your soul?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100015-7500-Gamers-Sell-Their-Souls-to-GameStation

Do you ever read the terms and conditions when you are buying/installing something on your PC?

I don't, and neither did roughly 7500 people who bought online from gamestation on April 1st. If they had, then they would've noticed the 'Immortal Soul Clause' which read as follows:

"By placing an order via this web site on the first day of the fourth month of the year 2010 Anno Domini, you agree to grant Us a non transferable option to claim, for now and for ever more, your immortal soul,"

Those who did bother to read the T & C found that there was a box to tick to opt out of this clause which also gave them a £5 discount!

Great April fools joke but also makes me wonder, are we far to quick to agree to these things without knowing what we are agreeing to?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100015-7500-Gamers-Sell-Their-Souls-to-GameStation

Do you ever read the terms and conditions when you are buying/installing something on your PC?

I don't, and neither did roughly 7500 people who bought online from gamestation on April 1st. If they had, then they would've noticed the 'Immortal Soul Clause' which read as follows:

"By placing an order via this web site on the first day of the fourth month of the year 2010 Anno Domini, you agree to grant Us a non transferable option to claim, for now and for ever more, your immortal soul,"

Those who did bother to read the T & C found that there was a box to tick to opt out of this clause which also gave them a £5 discount!

Great April fools joke but also makes me wonder, are we far to quick to agree to these things without knowing what we are agreeing to?

Reminds me of that episode of The Simpsons, where Bart sold his soul to Millhouse... maybe it's not a joke at all :suspect:.

i never bother reading terms and conditions tbh

they can have my soul tho its been well used and abused over the years

lol yes.. one day there may be a text what says u own us 10000£ and we click agree and by right... we would have to pay.