Yorkshires follies

can anyone name follies in and around yorkshire here is 1 to get you started boots folley on the bradfield moors this was built at lean times to keep his workers in jobs

I used to work in Matlock and from my office window I had a splendid view of Riber Castle, I never did get round to seeing it close up though.

Perhaps, one day I'll make the effort.

http://andrewspages.dial.pipex.com/matlock/mag/reflections/riber_castle.htm

IF you save up youcould live there, i blieve it's going to be luxury apartments.

IF you save up youcould live there, i blieve it's going to be luxury apartments.

Yeah I heard there were talks of that happening, I hope they do something with it, not too sure whether flats is a great idea but a shame to just let it fall to bits.

As for living there, even if I could afford it I doubt I would. A few of the guys I used to work with there used to enjoy winding the locals up about Matlock being a boring blue rinse retirement village.

A nice place none the less:)

Keppel's Column at Scholes, Rotherham.

Hoober Stand at Hoober, Rotherham

The Needle's Eye at Wentworth, Rotherham.

The Mausoleum on the Wentworth/Upper Haugh Road at Wentworth, Rotherham. Has never contained a body. All built by the Watson/Fitzwilliam family of Wentwort Woodhouse.

thanks nigel visited them all but found some more at rockley but theyre not follies but a furnace and a engine house very intresting dates back to th 1700's