Horse and lion 70s

anyone remember the horse and lion in the 70s.

few us went up there regular when we were skinheads ,remember the coloured glass dance floor,think it was a dance floor anyway!!

few us went up there regular when we were skinheads ,remember the coloured glass dance floor,think it was a dance floor anyway!!

The Horse and Lion was a great pub in the late 60's early 70's it was on the circuit for meeting people and making new friends.

From memory the lounge had a raised area wher you could take a new date to and have fun. It was also a stomping ground.

Fond Memories

It was one of the best pubs in sheffield.great juke box always busy does anyone remember the landlord called dinty. shame to see it now .

Is this the Horse and Lion pub on Norfolk Park? If it is then I am sure my uncle used to manage the football team there. Or if he didnt manage the footie team he definately had some kind of input with it....and if I'm on the wrong lines altogether with the footie team, then he was very well known in there, and I know that for sure...:hihi:

We had many happy nights in there in the late 60s early 70s. At closing time a group of us used to buy a crate of beer and take it to one of our flats were we used to take it in turn to provide the food. They were the days!