Freeview HD anyone?

It started on March 31st and according to freeview.co.uk Sheffield is covered.

Has anyone got it (Argos do setop boxes apparently for about 100.00) and if your aerial is ok for freeview does that mean it should be ok for freeview HD?

My mate has one plugged into his old Sky dish and it works a treat. I am not sure if you can get HD via a TV ariel but if you can't it kind of defeats the whole objective of it.

Freeview HD is here! but only problem is there isnt many hd channels available i think theres only bbc hd itv and ch4 on freeview hd but more to come...........

My mate has one plugged into his old Sky dish and it works a treat. I am not sure if you can get HD via a TV ariel but if you can't it kind of defeats the whole objective of it.

Thats FreeSAT HD, not Freeview HD.

Freeview HD should be available in Sheffield by now and if you get a strong digital signal then your aerial should be fine.

Freeview HD is only available from Emley Moor, so if your aerial is pointed at one of the local transmitters, you won't get the channels.

There will only be a maximum of five HD channels on Freeview for the forseeable (many years) future (only three are currently being broadcast, with only four possible - the fourth was supposed to be Five HD, but they dropped out), as the Government are selling off the frequencies which could be used for additional channels. The lack of frequencies available is also why the second BBC red button interactive channel has gone from freeview - the space was needed for the HD service.

It's a matter of bandwidth.

They jiggled the freeview channels alot to get 3 HD channels, doubt very much you will get more without losing other channels.