Wincobank born and bred

Was there a Frank Fearnley senior because my Dad was suppose to have been named after a Frank in the Fearnley family. My dad is 83 now.

Hes one of the Worthingtons originally from court 13. Tom Wilf,fan,may,Alf,Dave. in the yard above Fearnleys.

Also does anyone remember Cynthia worthington, related to the walkers from Barrow Road.

I remember hanging around with Moira Fearnley who had a brother kevin or kevan as his mum use to shout. Moira lived in George Movelys yard.

I do remember their relatives in the Luxon yard. I use to go in that yard a lot with the Makins.

Was there a charlie Bowley at one time in there.

I remember that yard had a big brick square thing in full of old bikes /scrap etc.

just opposite the toilets.

Anyone who remembers John Sadler, is it him that now runs the buffet bar at Bridlington Station. I saw his name on the door but didnt have time to go in as the train was coming.

My dad has memories of Aggie wayne and Johnnie from heaven. Well before my time Johnnie from Heaven but i do remember mrs wayne.

Apparently mrs nelson (nellie) who lived at the front of my grandparents, delivered most of my aunts and uncles and my dad. It was tradition,does anyone remember her and was anyone else. familiar with this tradition. She was suppose to deliver me but my mum had different ideas lol.

Apparently Dad says that John Sadler moved in to the new houses on Holywell heights, so I doubt it's the same one running the buffet bar at Bridlington.

Dad's saying does anyone remember Challoners farm & Alma who is now married to Brendan Ingle?

I'll have to get him to come and do this himself, He'll enjoy it once he starts :-)

Yes i remember Challoners , coal merchants.

Does anyone remember the summer Gala's on that land at the back of the vicarage .

Apparently Dad says that John Sadler moved in to the new houses on Holywell heights, so I doubt it's the same one running the buffet bar at Bridlington.

Dad's saying does anyone remember Challoners farm & Alma who is now married to Brendan Ingle?

I'll have to get him to come and do this himself, He'll enjoy it once he starts :-)

do you remember a girl called pauline darby lived opposite the school she worked at a tailors on pinstone st went out with her 1or twice

it was in the early 40s about 46 i believe

Pauline Darby used to live at no 71 Newman rd with her mom & dad ,(Gud ) sister Pam & brother Peter. My grandmother Mrs Chapman lived next door at no 73. I lived at no77.!.

hi tara i remember back to back houses as i was born on barrow road i have lots of memories and know most people even on newman road i used to deliver newspapers for beedhams i knew mrs nelson trevor flavell alan bonsall luxons and a whole lot more i went to wincobank school i have photographs of barrow rd also of trevor flavell and a lot of wincobank boys in a school football team photo.

hi tara i remember back to back houses as i was born on barrow road i have lots of memories and know most people even on newman road i used to deliver newspapers for beedhams i knew mrs nelson trevor flavell alan bonsall luxons and a whole lot more i went to wincobank school i have photographs of barrow rd also of trevor flavell and a lot of wincobank boys in a school football team photo.

can anyone remember dolly webb's shop meadow dairy bernard eyre's barber shop? i remember the walkers family also the revills 'daltons and mason and davies next door to walt harrison can anyone remember the jumble sales in the church hall and the saturday night shilling dance run by mr & mrs walmsley?

Dora Walker was my aunt.

Anyone know what happenned to Ernie Reville?

Hi Tara, Was your aunt Dolly Walker any relation to Johnie, Allex and the Twins, who lived on Barrow Road,?. Allex was in the same class as me at Wincobank School,as was Kath Brookes, who married John. I bumped into Kath outside the Con" club on Fife St a couple of months ago, in conversation i told her i had two photo"s of the school choir taken, i think,. 1947/ 1948. I made copies for her and i guess she will be wondering where everybody is now and where allthe years have gone!!!.

I had friends the Revills who lived at 3 ct 3 Barrow Road Tommy,Evelyn and Pat. Had some great times in the back to back house, it was always full of laughter. Pats dad Was John(?) and Mum was Em(?) lovely people. I often think of the 'old' days.

Does anyone remember the summer Gala's on that land at the back of the vicarage .

The Vicar Fred Herrington ran the Summer Fete on his front lawn of the Vicarage

it was quite a substantial piece of land which now has flats built on it.

There was a great community atmosphere around in those days everybody knew everyone and the elder people of Wincobank usually members of the Bardwell Club would have Cake stalls and Jam stalls at the fete.

There would be various games played like chucking wet sponges at some poor fellow with his face through a hole of a board that had cartoon character painted on it.Guess how many beans in a Jar then prizes for who made the best cakes and Jams.

Dora Walker was my aunt.

Anyone know what happenned to Ernie Reville?

is this the same ernie reville who was brother to michael and had a sister jess?