Wincobank born and bred

On 13/12/2014 at 18:28, Bazz said:

Hi Janie- M

I have just joined the firm and read your query about the 1955/56 United Winner from Wincobank County School I think that I can ad little bit more info on the subject

Back row Third one along is Jimmy Richardson He lived next to the chapel on Barrow Rd Dick & Cora were his parents and they ran the dancing in the 1950s in the old school across from the church { Jimmys grandad was old man Casson the Greengrocer on Barrow Rd } Sixth one along is Kenny Wright also from Barrow Rd up past the post office

Sitting Joe Andrews our 4th year teacher { and once trained The Sheffield Boys Football Team } Behind the shield is Albert Nelson Standon/Vauxall area I believe Next to him sits Trevor Flavel Standon/vauxall area and the last is Mr Woods Head Teacher Kneeling on the left is Bob Dickinson from the first courtyard down from Harrisons on Barrow Rd All the persons mentioned, and myself, were in the same class except Trevor who was one class lower. Bazz

On 13/12/2014 at 18:28, Bazz said:

Hi Janie- M

I have just joined the firm and read your query about the 1955/56 United Winner from Wincobank County School I think that I can ad little bit more info on the subject

Back row Third one along is Jimmy Richardson He lived next to the chapel on Barrow Rd Dick & Cora were his parents and they ran the dancing in the 1950s in the old school across from the church { Jimmys grandad was old man Casson the Greengrocer on Barrow Rd } Sixth one along is Kenny Wright also from Barrow Rd up past the post office

Sitting Joe Andrews our 4th year teacher { and once trained The Sheffield Boys Football Team } Behind the shield is Albert Nelson Standon/Vauxall area I believe Next to him sits Trevor Flavel Standon/vauxall area and the last is Mr Woods Head Teacher Kneeling on the left is Bob Dickinson from the first courtyard down from Harrisons on Barrow Rd All the persons mentioned, and myself, were in the same class except Trevor who was one class lower. Bazz

Hi my son came across this forum last night ,my nanan was Annie, my uncle was  Gordon my dad was Alan Bonsall, my mum was Gwen, my oldest brother is Dean, my God father is Dennis Elliott my mum lived in the same house on Horninglow rd for 43years,after moving from Wincobank,  my younger brother is Wayne and younger sister is Donna, I would love for anybody who is related to us to please get in touch with me @. jo.lester@hotmail.co.uk , my dad told me many stories of his time in wincobank , he's still missed badly every day , my oldest son is the absolute double of him with the personality of my dad to go with it , we never knew that we had any other relatives and would love to track them down 😊

Edited by Jobonsall
More info

Guest makapaka

Anyone from the other side of the hill?

jenkin, beacon, sandstone, limpsfield etc?

Guest makapaka
16 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Yeah me Forthill rd ....

When would that have been gaz