What do you believe in?

The "gaia complex"?

Yes, that sounds about right; though I would say God runs Gaia lol. :hihi:

and why is your reality any better or more real than mine or anyone elses reality that beleive in all that you put in your OP ??

i personally coudnt care less what anyone says about my beleifs, i dont agree with some other peoples but i certainly dont go out my way to be rude and obnoxious.

i think you should concentrate on getting those rocks out of your garden instead of piking over the fence and wondering why them next door have got pretty flowers instead of weeds ;)

Brightest Blessings

Its not. Never said it was, the fault is all mine. My inablity to have faith in things that have no basis in fact is a flaw entirely my own, i'm a little envious of people who do genuinely believe in things without requiring a shred of proof that its real, that takes balls I just don't have

Hehe, very true.

I reserve judgement on things such as ghosts as they could be dreams, tricks of the light etc. but just as easily they could be real. I think I'm what some people might call open minded...

Actually that's not open minded that's just wrong.

Being open minded does not mean that you think the existence of ghosts is a 50/50 issue, and that it's just as likely wither way.

Being open minded simply means being willing to consider new ideas and new evidence. The fact is that ghosts could not 'just as easily' be real, it is many hundreds of times more likely that they are not real. Dream/hallucination/delusion is pretty much always a much more likely explanation.

Edited by flamingjimmy

Its not. Never said it was, the fault is all mine. My inablity to have faith in things that have no basis in fact is a flaw entirely my own, i'm a little envious of people who do genuinely believe in things without requiring a shred of proof that its real, that takes balls I just don't have

But take for example death. Surely it's more scary to believe that once you die it's just nothingness? Now I'm not saying I believe in heaven nor am I trying to turn this into a religious debate, but to me the concept of just nothing when you die is very frightening. I like to think that there's *something* after? As with ghosts, I would like the opportunity, should it arise after I die, to come back and visit loved ones. Or alternatively haunt anyone that's majorly p*d me off!

The "gaia complex"?
Yes, from what I know about it.

But take for example death. Surely it's more scary to believe that once you die it's just nothingness? Now I'm not saying I believe in heaven nor am I trying to turn this into a religious debate, but to me the concept of just nothing when you die is very frightening. I like to think that there's *something* after? As with ghosts, I would like the opportunity, should it arise after I die, to come back and visit loved ones. Or alternatively haunt anyone that's majorly p*d me off!
So what happens to animals after they die?

So what happens to animals after they die?

They wait for you over the rainbow bridge.;)

Actually that's not open minded that's just wrong.

Being open minded does not mean that you think the existence of ghosts is a 50/50 issue, and that it's just as likely wither way.

Being open minded simply means being willing to consider new ideas and new evidence. The fact is that ghosts could not 'just as easily' be real, it is many hundreds of times more likely that they are not real. Dream/hallucination/delusion is pretty much always a much more likely explanation.

If someone gave me hard proof that they did or didn't exist then I would accept it, given the evidence was outstanding and there was no question of a doubt. Just because the odds aren't even in your eyes doesn't mean that they aren't even to me. I respect your view but without you actually proving to me that someone who thought they saw a ghost was in fact suffering from some kind of psychosis, it doesn't really influence what I think. I don't see how that isn't being open minded?

if by natural medicines you mean using the property of plants to heal then thats not weird

Many drugs are derivatives of plants, Colchicine, Belladonna, Digitalis, Hops.

If someone gave me hard proof that they did or didn't exist then I would accept it,
No-one can give you hard proof they don't exist, you can't prove a negative. What would it take to convince you that ghosts aren't real?

Just because the odds aren't even in your eyes doesn't mean that they aren't even to me.
Clearly, but that doesn't change the fact that the odds most definitely aren't even. It is far more likely that ghosts do not exist than it is that they do. Until there is any hard evidence that ghosts exist it is entirely reasonable to assume that they don't.

I respect your view but without you actually proving to me that someone who thought they saw a ghost was in fact suffering from some kind of psychosis, it doesn't really influence what I think. I don't see how that isn't being open minded?

I am pretty sure ghosts don't exist. If some evidence is shown to me that contradicts this I will change my mind about it. That's what being open minded is, not being indecisive/unsure about something. Answering mabye to the question of whether ghosts exist or not does not make you open minded.

I am pretty sure ghosts don't exist. If some evidence is shown to me that contradicts this I will change my mind about it. That's what being open minded is, not being indecisive/unsure about something. Answering mabye to the question of whether ghosts exist or not does not make you open minded.

Ok then you win, I'm indecisive and close minded. Plus it's Friday afternoon and I want to go home.

I find some of the things that people consider it acceptable to believe in very funny. If I stated that trees talk to me and tell me how to run my life, I would be called insane. If I convinced a million other people it was true it is suddenly acceptable.