Sign in to follow this  

Use by dates on food

A common reason for any chilled/frozen foods going off before their use by dates can be due to cold chain abuse.

Easy to recognise on products such as pre-packed meat because the packets blow and the meat goes dried and discoloured.

Not had any problems myself with use by dates.

Been in my 'favourite' store again today. First item I picked up was rotton. Ok it was only a pumpkin but some people actually eat these. The back of it had caved in and it was stinky. Needless to say, I handed it in to the lad stacking the veg.

Move on to the chill counter for some four cheese sauce. First tub I picked up had yesterdays date on ie 20 Oct. Took it to customer service counter to be greeted by a rather rude woman who gave me the impression that I was interrupting her cosy little chat with her collegue. No explanation, no word of thanks just 'oh'.

Complete rest of my shopping and go through checkout. Check bill as overcharging is common practice here too. Find that I have been charged for 2 packs of cuppa soup instead of BOGOF.

Wait 5 minutes for assistance then another 5 for assistant to check that I'm not telling lies. Yes I am correct but not an apology or explanation in sight.

How I hate this store :evil: :evil: :evil:

I can think of hundreds More Reasons Not To Shop At This Store.

Regular Safeway customers will have a rude awakening when Ken gets his hands on their supermarket.

Blood pressure sky high.

safeway takes decades to get served. I presume your slagging off my favourite shop where they are much faster and have more tills. maybe Ken will get decent operators.