What does having a tattoo feel like?

Had one on my foot. Used to self harm when I was younger .. felt exactly like that.

What does getting the inside of the forearm (quite close to the wrist) feel like? I'd imagine this is quite painful as it always tans last.

What does getting the inside of the forearm (quite close to the wrist) feel like? I'd imagine this is quite painful as it always tans last.

It nips a bit.

i found that the inside of wrist hurt coz im quite skinny and my tendans stick out haha that hurt :(

i heard its harder to tattoo the skin when its numb, also as soon as the numbing wears off your in for much more pain!

and then the tattoo takes longer to heal!

not to mention its cheating :)

Ah makes sense I guess.

So no to numbin n drinkin

its a scratch and a burning sensation , the outline hurts for abit then it just becomes an annoying pull on your skin. after having one youl want more;)

Isnt there a way to numb the skin first?

Emla cream numbs the skin completely, you can't feel a thing once it's on and working and didn't affect the healing process for me. Used it on a big one at the bottom of my back as the pain was unbearable for me. The top of my back got tender as I had a lot of colours put in, but the line work and initial colouring was fine, not unpleasant at all.

I had one on my neck which was pretty painful as the girl was rubbish at tattoing and kept jerking the needle about and it was not good.

Went to a better place and got a large tattoo on my arm/shoulder and it was just like a scratch from my cat, doesn't hurt after a while only problem was that my body went into shock after 10 minutes which was very weird but after it went away I let the guy finish and it took 40 minutes and I was totally fine. Feels like sunburn afterwards

As everyone else said, just like a little prick but it depends where you have it. My OH has a couple then went and had another 2 last Friday, mine & his daughters name and he said they didn't hurt. He even had them on the same arm, just in different places!

Good luck if you decide to have one :)

mine felt like a needle being scratched along my skin, the out line is the worst the colouring is not as bad, but overall its not bad

It feels like your a Strong or a fighter but i don't want to have tattoo it's like a stain in my body.